Matchmaking in Versus

5ilentRequiem

Are there any dataminers (or simple veterans) out there that could explain how it works? I know there are other rookies out there, and yet I keep getting matched with people that I absolutely CANNOT beat with my deck. Regularly. four or five times in a row. I know I've won a few games that maybe I shouldn't have, but that couldn't have skewed my MMR that much, could it? And some of those wins were probably gentlemen's forfeitures when my pathetic little bench was revealed. 😕

1 hour ago, 5ilentRequiem said:

Are there any dataminers (or simple veterans) out there that could explain how it works?

Not me sorry but,

1 hour ago, 5ilentRequiem said:

I keep getting matched with people that I absolutely CANNOT beat with my deck.

if you want send me an invite whenever am online (we're already on eachothers friends list) and I'll play against you with whatever type of deck you want i.e. "single prize" deck or "multi-prize" deck.  Sometimes a wee pick me up match or two is needed 😃

If you're not in the know, a single prize deck is a deck consisting of Pokemon cards that when defeated give one prize card. As you probably guessed - if you didn't know already that is - a multi-prize deck is a deck consisting of Pokemon cards that when defeated give multiple prizes at the same time.

I don't/didn't mean any of my response as condescending etc - I really feel the need to say that. Sorry if it reads as such. I thought I'd offer just in case things get you feeling too deflated. As I said above, "sometimes a wee pick me up match or two is needed" 😃

On 11/29/2020 at 3:58 AM, GrimBeard said:

I don't/didn't mean any of my response as condescending etc - I really feel the need to say that. Sorry if it reads as such. I thought I'd offer just in case things get you feeling too deflated. As I said above, "sometimes a wee pick me up match or two is needed" 😃

Nah, I'm not "deflated". Like I said in my first post on these boards, I'm not really looking to become elite or to grind too much. I just feel like technology is where it is when it comes to matchmaking and determining likelihood of winning that I probably don't warrant getting matched against souped-up Eternatus and ADP decks back-to-back-to-back. (Or maybe I DO, according to whatever algorithms the system uses, and I should just be flattered. :P)

And I never read anything you said as condescending. No worries. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...