Good water decks

Tylertx004

Hello! I need a good water deck to play against friends that can move cards around really well and that can knock out pokemon fast with good and powerful moves. Any ideas?

3 hours ago, Tylertx004 said:

Hello! I need a good water deck to play against friends that can move cards around really well and that can knock out pokemon fast with good and powerful moves. Any ideas?

Inteleon Vmax + frosmoth is a great deck

What's the budget for the deck, and what format are you thinking? In Expanded, you can build really fast turbo Water decks just off of Aqua Patch and Max Elixir, in Standard, decks tend to focus more around Frosmoth SSH for acceleration. You could also run Water decks that don't require acceleration, like Gyarados TEU for example. Distilled Blast only requires one energy, so you won't need to spend any deck space on energy acceleration. You can instead use that space for having a lot of energy, to increase consistency. Here's a basic Gyarados list for Expanded:

Spoiler

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 10

* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 4 Magikarp BUS 32
* 4 Gyarados TEU 30

##Trainer Cards - 24

* 3 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 4 Green's Exploration UNB 175
* 4 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Crasher Wake FLI 104
* 3 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 4 Random Receiver DEX 99
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121

##Energy - 26

* 26 Water Energy SWSHEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

It's not a highly-competitive deck, but it hits hard fast, and it's fun to play.

19 hours ago, bcturtle150 said:

This is an odd idea, but what about Arceus Dialga Palkia+Frosmoth+Lapras V Max? The damage theoretically would be huge.

I've run into this on the ladder before, it's an intriguing thought. However, the deck doesn't have great means of energy acceleration, keeping it back from being competitive. Perhaps a Frosmoth Energy Switch variant would work, but it takes away from the idea of using ADP for its Ultimate Ray attack.

Edited by ellomello044208