Having trouble logging in...

TheMightyXablau

I played for a long time in the morning, then closed the game. When I started it again and made my login it told me the servers were busy and that I had to wait some seconds. After the time passed it told me my username or password was wrong, and then I checked it a million times and it WASN'T. I even went to the pokemon trainer club website and used the same words and it worked. Are the servers really busy? I can't get in and I don't know what to do.

Hello Trainers,

The development team is aware some players are experiencing an issue with logging in.  We sincerely thank you for your patience while they investigate and work to resolve the issue. 

I recommend trying again a bit later. You can find an announcement regarding this on the support portal: support.pokemon.com. Once the issue has been resolved, the banner should be removed from that page. 

Thanks!

Amazon Web Services is currently experiencing systemwide issues in the US-EAST-1 Region which is negatively impacting the ability to log in to Pokémon Trainer Club accounts. Our DevOps team is working on putting a temporary workaround in place that should improve the reliability of PTC account login until AWS can resolve their server issues in that region.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 12:07 PM, TPCi_Mathis said:

Amazon Web Services is currently experiencing systemwide issues in the US-EAST-1 Region which is negatively impacting the ability to log in to Pokémon Trainer Club accounts. Our DevOps team is working on putting a temporary workaround in place that should improve the reliability of PTC account login until AWS can resolve their server issues in that region.

Okay, so this is why I had this issue many times and even if I waited, it would stop, but then after, it would come back.

On 11/25/2020 at 11:32 AM, TheMightyXablau said:

I played for a long time in the morning, then closed the game. When I started it again and made my login it told me the servers were busy and that I had to wait some seconds. After the time passed it told me my username or password was wrong, and then I checked it a million times and it WASN'T. I even went to the pokemon trainer club website and used the same words and it worked. Are the servers really busy? I can't get in and I don't know what to do.

It's a glitch. Basically, Amazon Web Services is experiencing issues in a certain portion of the world, and it's blocking the ability to log in at times in the game.