ADVICE: Need Pokémon factoid for 8 year old daughter

LiamMichae10690

LiamMichae10690

My daughter is 8 and is obsessed with Pokémon. She plays on her Switch and studies the character books and talks about it INCESSANTLY.

The concept of Pokémon gives me actual anxiety; the different layers of characters, types, regions, ways to capture them, evolve them, etc. Like actual anxiety ... it’s a lot!

But, as her mother, I’ve decided to embrace it and try to learn about it. I talk to her about it at bedtime every night now, and I am here on reddit reading posts I don’t even understand!

usps trackingWhat’s one fact about Pokémon that will blow her mind!? Like something [non-official URL removed] would freak out if she knew I knew ... I want to show her that even though I don’t “get it,” I’m committed to learning for her sake!

Edited by LiamMichae10690
posting links to websites other than official Pokémon sites is against the rules
  • Upvote 1
Mod_GuruLot
7 hours ago, LiamMichae10690 said:

My daughter is 8 and is obsessed with Pokémon. She plays on her Switch and studies the character books and talks about it INCESSANTLY.

The concept of Pokémon gives me actual anxiety; the different layers of characters, types, regions, ways to capture them, evolve them, etc. Like actual anxiety ... it’s a lot!

But, as her mother, I’ve decided to embrace it and try to learn about it. I talk to her about it at bedtime every night now, and I am here on reddit reading posts I don’t even understand!

What’s one fact about Pokémon that will blow her mind!? Like something that she would freak out if she knew I knew ... I want to show her that even though I don’t “get it,” I’m committed to learning for her sake!

Hello @LiamMichae10690

We welcome you to the forums! :)  

I'm glad to hear you decided to jump into the pool and start your adventure through the Pokémon World! ;)  

I would recommend you take a look into this link to learn more about Pokémon to start with. 

Hopefully, our experienced Trainers/forum members could share some tips and insights to make the beginning smoother. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad that your daughter is now really into pokemon. I hope these facts help amaze her :)

What about this. The pokemon rhydon was the first pokemon created.

Another fact is that hypno is known to hypnotise people and ****** children.

Also, parasect is actually two pokemon. The mushroom on its back is a parasite and its host is a crab

MASTERMajora

I'm not sure if you still need a fun fact, but something that I found very interesting is the Pokemon legendary bird trio, Articuno, Zapdos, and Articuno. They're always grouped together. As such, their names all include a Spanish number. ArticUNO, ZapDOS, and MolTRES. 😁