Fun Deck Idea

HALOMASTER598

I was working on my physical decks when I managed to grab a stage 2 Inteleon and a stage 2 Cinderace. I suddenly got the idea to make a starter type deck featuring Blastoise and Piplup GX Tag Team, Venusaur and Snivy GX Tag Team, and Charizard and Braixen GX Tag Team. These, along with the evolutions of the Galar region felt like a really cool and fun way of playing, specifically since I have the playmat that features all 3 Tag Teams. I provided the deck list as well. The second Inteleon is interchangeable in my opinion.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 21

* 1 Charizard & Braixen-GX CEC 22
* 1 Scorbunny SSH 30
* 1 Scorbunny SSH 31
* 1 Raboot SSH 32
* 1 Raboot SSH 33
* 1 Cinderace SSH 35
* 1 Grookey SSH 10
* 1 Grookey SSH 11
* 1 Venusaur & Snivy-GX CEC 1
* 2 Thwackey SSH 12
* 1 Rillaboom SSH 14
* 1 Blastoise & Piplup-GX CEC 38
* 3 Sobble SSH 54
* 2 Drizzile SSH 56
* 1 Drizzile SSH 57
* 2 Inteleon SSH 58

##Trainer Cards - 18

* 2 Burning Scarf RCL 155
* 1 Viridian Forest TEU 156
* 2 Janine UNB 176
* 2 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 1 Giant Hearth UNM 197
* 1 Mallow & Lana CEC 198
* 2 Welder UNB 189
* 3 Professor Oak's Setup CEC 201
* 1 Capacious Bucket RCL 156
* 2 Big Parasol DAA 157
* 1 Turffield Stadium RCL 170

##Energy - 21

* 7 Water Energy XYEnergy 9
* 7 Fire Energy SMEnergy 11
* 7 Grass Energy SWSHEnergy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Well, that's certainly a unique deck concept. However, I can see it being a bit of a struggle to find the exact cards you need as you have 3 different types of energy, and attackers with very diverse attack costs. Running 2 types is still manageable, but 3 types is much harder, especially if you don't have any Energy that counts as multiple types (i.e. Aurora Energy). You can cut down on your total energy count in favor of more ways to find specific energy, like Energy Spinner and Viridian Forest. Finding one of these kinds of cards will be better than finding an energy as it allows you to choose which specific energy you want, depending on your situation.

Edited by ellomello044208
  • Upvote 1