[GENERAL] Game Bootup Error

whompers98

whompers98

So i've played this game in the past on my macbook air just fine, but recently within the last few months i have had an error message pop up when i boot up the game.  It says: "An error occurred when downloading preload data.  Please Check your Internet connection and try again.  The app will now quit."  and below it has an "Exit" button.  but can someone please help me fix my issue, i know that i have played the game before on my macbook air.

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format, tags and item prefix included
Mod_GuruLot
3 hours ago, whompers98 said:

So i've played this game in the past on my macbook air just fine, but recently within the last few months i have had an error message pop up when i boot up the game.  It says: "An error occurred when downloading preload data.  Please Check your Internet connection and try again.  The app will now quit."  and below it has an "Exit" button.  but can someone please help me fix my issue, i know that i have played the game before on my macbook air.

3 hours ago, whompers98 said:

also i have spectrum 2g and 5g internet.  I usually use the 2g one tho.

Hello @whompers98

We welcome you to the community! 

Please try out these network troubleshooting steps:

- unplug your modem (and router if you use one) for 1 minute. Plug in modem, then router and reboot your computer. If you are using a WiFi connection, try plugging in to your modem with a cable instead.

- open the following 3 ports that the TCGO client needs to make a connection: 8181, 6967, and 39389

Note that anti-virus software (or even Windows Defender) could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it; you may need to add TCGO to a "safe programs" list.

- close any background applications before launching the TCGO (VoIP, Skype, and Bittorrent related programs are especially known to occasionally cause issues).

It might help to flush your DNS cache again after troubleshooting the above. 

If you still run into an issue getting the game up and running, please reach out to the support team.

To do so please click on this link, select the PTCGO option, and then select "Contact Us" you will be able to submit a support ticket.