[GENERAL] I can't reinstall the game

Scralcher1

I've uninstalled the game because the repair tool wasn't working and now when I try to install it, it says that there is already an updated version installed. I deleted all the registration things, the AppData Things and everything that has "Pokemon" in his name but it's still not working.

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format, item prefix included
Mod_GuruLot
On 11/17/2020 at 11:58 AM, Scralcher1 said:

I've uninstalled the game because the repair tool wasn't working and now when I try to install it, it says that there is already an updated version installed. I deleted all the registration things, the AppData Things and everything that has "Pokemon" in his name but it's still not working.

Hello @Scralcher1

Welcome to this forum! 

I'm sorry to hear you run into issues with uninstalling the game. 

Please follow this link for the step-by-step instructions on a full re-installation of the TCGO Windows Client. 

These FAQ articles can be also very useful.  

After uninstalling, simply download and install the game from the official download page located here.

If you continue having issues you may want to submit a ticket to the support team for further assistance.  

@Scralcher1 - I had this issue too, and I finally succeeded finding a way to deinstall the game, when I entered the list of apps on my laptops through the control panel. It is a little weird, but the interface was different than when I directly go to the apps by the search, as was the outcome. Also I clicked on 'change' first, not on 'de-install' right away. Hope it helps you.

Finally reinstalling of course.

Mod_GuruLot
7 hours ago, Chrolo4 said:

@Scralcher1 - I had this issue too, and I finally succeeded finding a way to deinstall the game, when I entered the list of apps on my laptops through the control panel. It is a little weird, but the interface was different than when I directly go to the apps by the search, as was the outcome. Also I clicked on 'change' first, not on 'de-install' right away. Hope it helps you.

Finally reinstalling of course.

@Chrolo4,  thank you for sharing your experience and providing your insight on this issue. We appreciate this! :) 

Mod_RedDragon
On 11/17/2020 at 3:58 AM, Scralcher1 said:

Hello @Scralcher1,

Were you able to get the game up and running?