[GENERAL] Game wont open since update

JohnFNSeiler

I updated PTCGO and at first wouldn't even attempt to boot.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but now it boots for a second and now I get "Cannot connect to server"

What can I do to get this fixed?

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format, item prefix included

On 11/14/2020 at 12:19 AM, JohnFNSeiler said:

I updated PTCGO and at first wouldn't even attempt to boot.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but now it boots for a second and now I get "Cannot connect to server"

What can I do to get this fixed?

Hello @JohnFNSeiler

Thank you for your question! 

I've posted some steps below that you can try out: 

* Unplug your modem (and router if you use one) for 1 minute. Plug in modem, then router and reboot your computer.

* If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, try plugging in to your modem with a cable instead.

* In your modem or router settings, open the following 3 ports that the TCGO client needs to make a connection: 8181, 6967, and 39389.

* Note that anti-virus software (or even Windows Defender) could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it; you may need to add TCGO to a "safe programs" list.

* Close any background applications before launching the TCGO (VoIP, Skype, and Bittorrent related programs are especially known to cause issues).

It might help to flush your DNS cache again after troubleshooting the above. Please find instructions to flush DNS cache in Windows 10 below: 1. Right click on the Start Icon. 2. Click on Command Prompt. 3. The Windows Command Prompt Window will appear. Type in: ipconfig /flushdns. and press ENTER. 4. You should receive the following message: Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the support team selecting the "PTCGO" option, and then selecting "Contact Us".