kesarmiya42

Pokemon Go Questions

kesarmiya42

Hey guys,

I am a huge fan of Pokemon Go; I'm fairly new to all of Pokemon and never played the games besides one on my gameboy when I was younger. I have come to love the game & always try to research on how to play it better.

However, I still at level 33 find myself confused at some aspects of the game, mainly with battles and raids. Here are a few of my questions; sorry if they sound dumb.. just trying to get better!

• Often when I walk up to a gym with several people standing around (clearly playing) and try to join a high level raid, I am the only one in the "queue" and normally 2-4 ish other people join me, whereas I know often large groups of people gather to compete togeth routerloginer. Does this have *********** to do with the "group code" or how are all these people playing but it doesn't show up on my screen and I have to start a new raid group myself? I want to join the large groups but can't and I don't win most high level raids. Most of the people I play with are not as into it as me so I can't ask them lol.

• May be related to my last question; what is the difference between premium raid pass and just a raid pass? I have both in my inventory but I have 7 premium passes and one regular, which probably means I'm missing something.

• Again referencing the group code, what do the three Pokemon at the top of the screen (often something like Bellsprout, Bulbasaur, etc.) mean when you join a raid?

• Does level have to do with ability to catch after winning raids or is it luck? My friend & I both won a Groudon raid and he caught a shiny one (and he was a much lower level than me) and I couldn't catch mine. Also, another friend and I won an altered Giratina raid but both couldn't catch it (I always use the strongest berries I can and try to throw well).

• Is there any method to choosing which Pokemon to hold up a gym? I always just throw in my highest CP Pokemon but sometimes see high level players putting mid-low CP Pokemon in gyms.

• This is a random nerd question, I watch the Pokemon tv show but besides that Pokemon Go is the only Pokemon I know. I am aware there's tons of games and devices you can play them on.. what do you suggest to start w/ if I wanted to get more into Pokemon (which game and/or device)? I was thinking about a switch but not sure if it would be worth it.

Feel free to answer any, all, or none!

Thanks so much!!! :)

Edited by kesarmiya42

SlyFive0

Welcome to the forums, @kesarmiya42!

Allow me to answer three of your questions: 

4 hours ago, kesarmiya42 said:

May be related to my last question; what is the difference between premium raid pass and just a raid pass? I have both in my inventory but I have 7 premium passes and one regular, which probably means I'm missing something.

So a premium raid pass is an extra raid pass you can get from shop or challenges you complete over time. A normal raid pass can be obtained from just spinning a gym while there is a raid there. 

Does level have to do with ability to catch after winning raids or is it luck? My friend & I both won a Groudon raid and he caught a shiny one (and he was a much lower level than me) and I couldn't catch mine. Also, another friend and I won an altered Giratina raid but both couldn't catch it (I always use the strongest berries I can and try to throw well).

This is a tough one, my friend I play with is level 33, and I'm level 35. He thinks it's all about the level difference. However, it may just be the luck factor. Hint: Golden Razz Berries are a must use when trying to catch a legendary. Remember, always wait until the legendary makes a move then throw a ball at it.     

Often when I walk up to a gym with several people standing around (clearly playing) and try to join a high level raid, I am the only one in the "queue" and normally 2-4 ish other people join me, whereas I know often large groups of people gather to compete together. Does this have to do with the "group code" or how are all these people playing but it doesn't show up on my screen and I have to start a new raid group myself? I want to join the large groups but can't and I don't win most high level raids. Most of the people I play with are not as into it as me so I can't ask them lol.

Your best bet here is to ask them if they are doing the raid, and then join when they join. "Group Code," is if another person gets kicked out, they have a way to get back in. If the number of people in a raid is 0, you'll have to find a new raid group to do that one. If your town has a raid group, I suggest trying to join in. 

Hope this helps, feel free to ask me any more questions!