Just got into Pokemon TCG Online..

kesanmits48

kesanmits48

And so far I've been enjoying creating decks and finding great synergies.

However after a week I noticed something I didn't like. I noticed that the majority of players play the same thing - Garchomp, Cynthia, and another Pokemon to retrieve the trainer card.

I didn't mind playing against it at first, but it seems I play against it one out of three games, and lose every time..

It's at the point when I am beginning to feel frustrated because I know the moment I see those cards, it is a loss. And I play them all the time.

I want to ask the community, is this a game when you can use your creativity and make really good decks if you have the knowledge about the cards, or is it everyone just copy & pasting a simple meta deck and play for easy wins?

Edited by kesanmits48
Chasista

Main problem at the starting aside from having low resources/amount of cards, is not knowing how to properly build a deck so, depending the format, you'll need a bit more time to custom something strong.

What deck and format are you playing in?

• Like 1
Mod_GuruLot
5 hours ago, kesanmits48 said:

And so far I've been enjoying creating decks and finding great synergies.

However after a week I noticed something I didn't like. I noticed that the majority of players play the same thing - Garchomp, Cynthia, and another Pokemon to retrieve the trainer card.

I didn't mind playing against it at first, but it seems I play against it one out of three games, and lose every time..

It's at the point when I am beginning to feel frustrated because I know the moment I see those cards, it is a loss. And I play them all the time.

I want to ask the community, is this a game when you can use your creativity and make really good decks if you have the knowledge about the cards, or is it everyone just copy & pasting a simple meta deck and play for easy wins?

Hello @kesanmits48

Welcome to the forum and to the game! :) 

Thank you for taking the time to share your first thoughts on deck variety. 

I'll bring this to the development team's attention on your behalf. 

On 11/10/2020 at 12:49 PM, kesanmits48 said:

"I want to ask the community, is this a game when you can use your creativity and make really good decks if you have the knowledge about the cards, or is it everyone just copy & pasting a simple meta deck and play for easy wins?"

The answer is a bit of column A and a bit from column B sorry.

Personally I really like to make decks that are themed on an idea eg I literally have a "KFC" theme deck and yes it involves flame grills and chickens 😁 I tend to stay away from the "copy & paste simple meta deck" as you put it. Throw me a invite if you want and we could have a match or two.

As Chasista asked above, what deck and format are you playing in? Some of the formats are easier to get into in my opinion than others.

Edited by GrimBeard
Adding additional - silly - information.