Sableye V with bats, expanded

guruguy87

This was an open decklist that I simply copied after our match. I got destroyed by this deck. The more I continue to look at it the more it doesn't seem that good, but it wrecked me. I was playing ADPZ in expanded. Those golbats and crobats are crazy to put damage on and the scoop up nets allow repeat- reusage of the ability to place damage counters. This is essentially a variation of flapple/sableye V in standard which has seen a pretty good amount of play. Their dark patches came in really handy to quickly power up another Sableye turn after turn and do extreme 250+ damage with only 2 energy attached. Sableye V is kinda broken when you pair it up with something like this! Excellent synergy... Although the banned shaymin ex (crobat V can replace) helped in here to keep drawing cards using scoop up net... Maybe it was just a "bad matchup" vs my ADPZ, (I'm using 3 prizers and 2 prizers easily knocked out by a 2 prizer, that is a prize trade net loss), but I was quite impressed with how it demolished me. So I copied and posted here. It could probably use a 2nd dedenne to make sure those bats keep being found. Thoughts? 

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Sableye V SSH 120
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 1 Mew UNB 76
* 4 Zubat PLS 53
* 4 Golbat PHF 32
* 3 Crobat PHF 33

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Professor Juniper DEX 98
* 2 Colress PLS 118
* 1 Black Market {*} TEU 134
* 3 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 1 N FCO 105
* 3 Pokémon Communication TEU 196
* 4 Dark Patch DEX 93
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 2 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 7

* 7 Darkness Energy SMEnergy 16

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

That's a nifty deck! I agree that the deck's one-prize match-ups, with the possible exception of Night March/Mad Party, are not good. The deck lacks the multi-Prize taking capability that's necessary to win those games. However, as you saw, it matches up against multi-Prize decks very well. There are many things to be improved with the list, for one, it would benefit from 3 Battle Compressor, this kind of deck is much better with a way to get Supporters and Energy in the discard with 1 card. For the draw/support Pokemon, I'd run 1 Dedenne GX, 1 Crobat V, and 1 Tapu Lele GX. This gives you the possibility to run Mysterious Treasure over 1 Ultra Ball and 1 Pokemon Communication (or in larger quantities if you want) to have an out to drawing cards through Tapu Lele GX. I don't see Sky Field as that practical for this deck, it doesn't seem like you need to set up that many Zubat, I could be wrong about this though. Even with the Crobat line in the deck, I'd still max out Quick Ball over Ultra Ball, it's more useful in general. 1-2 Float Stone would help the deck, giving you more options and keeping Sableye from being trapped in the Active Position. This player did get their numbers pretty good though. The only other critique I would offer is cutting 1 Crobat for something else, probably one of the aforementioned cards.