I'm a new GCC player and i need help fo a build

Just_a_guy09

Hi everyone, I'm new to this game, although as a child, I tried to collect cards. However I would love to be able to do a build based on ho-oh which is my favorite pokemon. Could you give me some advice on which cards to put in an hypothetical build? And maybe why. Thanks so much everyone in advance!

This is a pretty simple and straight forward deck that is built around Ho-oh GX. It still works but you will feel outpaced by some of the ridiculous expanded decks. There isn't a Ho-oh in standard right now so that is kind of sad. It is pretty simple to find these cards and they aren't that expensive(spare for the Tapu Lele-GXs)

Pokemon - 14
4 Ho-Oh-GX BUS 21
4 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
2 Salandit GRI 15
2 Salazzle-GX BUS 25
1 Tapu Koko PR-SM 30
1 Magearna UPR 91

Trainer - 33
4 Kiawe BUS 116
4 Cynthia UPR 119
4 Guzma BUS 115
4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
4 Nest Ball SUM 123
3 Acro Bike CES 123
1 Escape Rope BUS 114
4 Wishful Baton BUS 128
3 Choice Band GRI 121
2 Po Town BUS 121

Energy - 13
13 Fire Energy 2

@Otakutron, notice the 4 wishful batons... hehe, had to do it... Like I said it is actually a fairly popular card in expanded. 

@Catvenam, a fire deck in expanded without welder or blacksmith? Although I love the kiawe for a turn 1 or even a back to back turn 1 and turn 2 kiawe to load up Ho-oh... Play quick ball instead of ultra ball or 2 quick and 2 ultra since really you would only need the ultra balls for salazzle-gx usually (which technically then could just play evo incense) ... Play a lysandre or a switch instead of escape rope. The rope is simply an inferior card to a lysandre. I would also suggest a muscle band instead of a choice band since it universally gives 20 extra damage boost regardless if they are GX or not... and there ARE alot of V pokemon in format where muscle band is more useful. I don't know why or how Po Town needs to be in this deck either? It doesn't fit with any synergy. Instead I would play extra copies of switch to help attack turn after turn with one Ho-oh-gx to another one. Same point regarding Tapu Koko PR-SM30 in the deck. I don't really see the usage here. A bit of bench damage going slightly well with ho-oh first attack, but you will win games with the big 180 damage attack, not that first attack. Love the guzmas, that makes sense, like the turbo acro bikes, love the wishful batons to pass 3 energy from one Ho-oh-gx to the next one... Actually remove the extra damage buffs and just play the batons, cut the magearna/tapu koko and play welders and blacksmith. Need Giant Hearth instead of po town too. It is also possible to just cut the whole salazzle line and run 4 entei... can be powered up in a single turn with welder and gives a single prize attacker option. Or pick another single prizer option like a heatmor or a volcanion UNB. 

My edited version would look like this: 

Pokemon - 12
4 Ho-Oh-GX BUS 21
4 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
2 Salandit GRI 15
2 Salazzle-GX BUS 25

Trainer - 35
3 Kiawe BUS 116
3 Welder
4 Cynthia UPR 119
4 Guzma BUS 115
2 Ultra Ball SLG 68
2 Quick Ball
4 Nest Ball SUM 123
3 Acro Bike CES 123
4 Switch
4 Wishful Baton BUS 128
2 Giant Hearth

Energy - 13
13 Fire Energy 2

Waiting for others to check in and see what they think about this... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 7:47 AM, guruguy87 said:

@Otakutron, notice the 4 wishful batons... hehe, had to do it... Like I said it is actually a fairly popular card in expanded. 

@Catvenam, a fire deck in expanded without welder or blacksmith? Although I love the kiawe for a turn 1 or even a back to back turn 1 and turn 2 kiawe to load up Ho-oh... Play quick ball instead of ultra ball or 2 quick and 2 ultra since really you would only need the ultra balls for salazzle-gx usually (which technically then could just play evo incense) ... Play a lysandre or a switch instead of escape rope. The rope is simply an inferior card to a lysandre. I would also suggest a muscle band instead of a choice band since it universally gives 20 extra damage boost regardless if they are GX or not... and there ARE alot of V pokemon in format where muscle band is more useful. I don't know why or how Po Town needs to be in this deck either? It doesn't fit with any synergy. Instead I would play extra copies of switch to help attack turn after turn with one Ho-oh-gx to another one. Same point regarding Tapu Koko PR-SM30 in the deck. I don't really see the usage here. A bit of bench damage going slightly well with ho-oh first attack, but you will win games with the big 180 damage attack, not that first attack. Love the guzmas, that makes sense, like the turbo acro bikes, love the wishful batons to pass 3 energy from one Ho-oh-gx to the next one... Actually remove the extra damage buffs and just play the batons, cut the magearna/tapu koko and play welders and blacksmith. Need Giant Hearth instead of po town too. It is also possible to just cut the whole salazzle line and run 4 entei... can be powered up in a single turn with welder and gives a single prize attacker option. Or pick another single prizer option like a heatmor or a volcanion UNB. 

My edited version would look like this: 

Pokemon - 12
4 Ho-Oh-GX BUS 21
4 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
2 Salandit GRI 15
2 Salazzle-GX BUS 25

Trainer - 35
3 Kiawe BUS 116
3 Welder
4 Cynthia UPR 119
4 Guzma BUS 115
2 Ultra Ball SLG 68
2 Quick Ball
4 Nest Ball SUM 123
3 Acro Bike CES 123
4 Switch
4 Wishful Baton BUS 128
2 Giant Hearth

Energy - 13
13 Fire Energy 2

Waiting for others to check in and see what they think about this... 

Thanks a lot!