Totalmmortal

Cards that should be banned/limited

Totalmmortal

Hi there...I come from playing YGO to this TCG and there is a huge problem with NOT limiting cards in Pokemon.

The Following Cards make playing new/experimental decks not viable and or fun in the current meta...

Shaymin EX (Draw power out of Supporters)

Dedenne-GX (draw power out of supporters)

Crobat V (draw power out of supporters)

Float Stone (Since we can freely mill our deck with the above cards, A player can ignore retreat costs every duel. And combining with Guzma)

ADP (Altered Creation GX) 1st turn. The energy cost for this Ability should have been like minimum 4 and easy to do 1st turn.

Honchcrow-GX (Evolved usually 1st Turn with dusk stone to lock you out from a lot of things) NOT FUN

Scoop Up Net (this with Shaymin EX ) Disgusting.

Please add more if can think of others...

Everyone will always try to find a way to either one shot you 1st turn with a First Raid attack. Milling their deck with quick all/ultra ball to drop shaymins and spam scoop up nets...Or make the duel as annoying as possible in any TCGs. The fact that a lot of cards are not either limited or banned completely is beyond me. This causes Monotony and a boring experience for any new player.

On a side note, When so many cards become unplayable...Your unable to make a competative/ viable deck..and your killing the game...its fine to make things obsolete, But Come on... A Dragapult VMAX with 2 Energy Cost at 320 HP and its attack potentially killing Two Pokemon???

Anyway, consider banning a few cards that allow you to spam Draw out of Supporters, this will allow people to use more Creativity and different decks.

Yes, duels would be slower without these cards, but then there would be more effort in making big plays and allowing everyone to play new decks.

Thanks for Reading.

Edited by Totalmmortal
Wanted to add more
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Mod_GuruLot
2 hours ago, Totalmmortal said:

Hi there...I come from playing YGO to this TCG and there is a huge problem with NOT limiting cards in Pokemon.

The Following Cards make playing new/experimental decks not viable and or fun in the current meta...

Shaymin EX (Draw power out of Supporters)

Dedenne-GX (draw power out of supporters)

Crobat V (draw power out of supporters)

Float Stone (Since we can freely mill our deck with the above cards, A player can ignore retreat costs every duel. And combining with Guzma)

ADP (Altered Creation GX) 1st turn. The energy cost for this Ability should have been like minimum 4 and easy to do 1st turn.

Honchcrow-GX (Evolved usually 1st Turn with dusk stone to lock you out from a lot of things) NOT FUN

Scoop Up Net (this with Shaymin EX ) Disgusting.

Please add more if can think of others...

Everyone will always try to find a way to either one shot you 1st turn with a First Raid attack. Milling their deck with quick all/ultra ball to drop shaymins and spam scoop up nets...Or make the duel as annoying as possible in any TCGs. The fact that a lot of cards are not either limited or banned completely is beyond me. This causes Monotony and a boring experience for any new player.

On a side note, When so many cards become unplayable...Your unable to make a competative/ viable deck..and your killing the game...its fine to make things obsolete, But Come on... A Dragapult VMAX with 2 Energy Cost at 320 HP and its attack potentially killing Two Pokemon???

Anyway, consider banning a few cards that allow you to spam Draw out of Supporters, this will allow people to use more Creativity and different decks.

Yes, duels would be slower without these cards, but then there would be more effort in making big plays and allowing everyone to play new decks.

Thanks for Reading.

Hello @Totalmmortal

Thank you for sharing your developed feedback and suggestion on some cards.

You won't need to start another thread to add more cards to the list, please simply update this topic to add them. 

I'll be forwarding your thoughts to the development team for further review. 

Raticate555

1/7th of your wish came true. Shaymin just banned along with a combo card and a couple of cards that no one plays.

• Upvote 1

s1llyg00se

yup, but i think crobat should stay and also i dont like the shaymin EX ban, its only banned because of scoop up, why dont they ban scoop up instead???

Totalmmortal
32 minutes ago, Raticate555 said:

1/7th of your wish came true. Shaymin just banned along with a combo card and a couple of cards that no one plays.

Amazing news, now we just need float stone next to be banned or it to be limited to 1 per deck. (Ace Spec).

• Downvote 2

ricafabreu2

I would say WELDER and BLACKSMITH should be banned, specially the first one. These cards give an insane advantage to a player on the first turn, I lost dozens of games where I started with only one basic pokemon, played first and lost on the opponent's first turn cause he or she was able to put 3 or 4 energies on one pokemon at once before I could even do anything

Edited by ricafabreu2

Mod_GuruLot
On 11/12/2020 at 1:21 AM, ricafabreu2 said:

I would say WELDER and BLACKSMITH should be banned, specially the first one. These cards give an insane advantage to a player on the first turn, I lost dozens of games where I started with only one basic pokemon, played first and lost on the opponent's first turn cause he or she was able to put 3 or 4 energies on one pokemon at once before I could even do anything

Hello @ricafabreu2

Welcome to the forum and this discussion! 

Your opinion in regards to Welder and Blacksmith has been passed along to the development team for further review.