Jump to content

"Coming Soon" Section For In Game Store


GrimBeard
 Share

Recommended Posts

Small suggestion. It'd be cool if planned to be released but as yet unreleased booster packs, theme decks etc were in store in a "coming soon" tab - even better if it also provided a date as to when they get released. I don't mean the physical version of the cards, just the digital version. It'd be cool to know what to save up for next with the in-game currency whilst having a "coming soon" in mind.

 

Out of curiosity, how often does the in-game store get updated? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It gets updated as the new sets arrive. The upcoming expansion Vivid Voltage will be available on ptcgo when the set releases, and you will be able to use Vivid Voltage cards in the versus mode. You will have to wait until the 3rd Friday of the month however (this is usually the precedent) for them to be legal in tournaments. If you're interested in what cards and theme decks will be available, just google setlists yourself, a lot of big pokemon tcg content creators (the one's that focus on playing instead of collecting) have also already made many videos speculating on what new cards will be competitive.

Edited by Kek01
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kek01 said:

It gets updated as the new sets arrive. The upcoming expansion Vivid Voltage will be available on ptcgo when the set releases, and you will be able to use Vivid Voltage cards in the versus mode. You will have to wait until the 3rd Friday of the month however (this is usually the precedent) for them to be legal in tournaments. If you're interested in what cards and theme decks will be available, just google setlists yourself, a lot of big pokemon tcg content creators (the one's that focus on playing instead of collecting) have also already made many videos speculating on what new cards will be competitive.

 

Thanks for the info.

 

I found out about the upcoming expansion Vivid Voltage by accident when I was casually scrolling through Amazon last night. That's what made me think a "coming soon" tab would be good. 

 

Excluding the cards for a moment, it'd be nice if the card sleeves and boxes etc in store were to be updated from time to time in store.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, GrimBeard said:

Small suggestion. It'd be cool if planned to be released but as yet unreleased booster packs, theme decks etc were in store in a "coming soon" tab - even better if it also provided a date as to when they get released. I don't mean the physical version of the cards, just the digital version. It'd be cool to know what to save up for next with the in-game currency whilst having a "coming soon" in mind.

 

Out of curiosity, how often does the in-game store get updated? 

 

Hello @GrimBeard

 

Thank you for taking the time to share your "small suggestion" with us! ;) 

 

I've gone ahead and let the development team know about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mod_GuruLot said:

 

Hello @GrimBeard

 

Thank you for taking the time to share your "small suggestion" with us! ;) 

 

I've gone ahead and let the development team know about it. 

 

Okaydokie, cool. Thanks for your reply. Have a great day/night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2020 at 5:11 AM, GrimBeard said:

 

Thanks for the info.

 

I found out about the upcoming expansion Vivid Voltage by accident when I was casually scrolling through Amazon last night. That's what made me think a "coming soon" tab would be good. 

 

Excluding the cards for a moment, it'd be nice if the card sleeves and boxes etc in store were to be updated from time to time in store.

Np. If you find yourself always wanting to play paper along with the online version of the game, try to always be updated on what sets are going to come out. Especially with all the new hype for pokemon cards because of certain "influencers" I will not name, pokemon cards are a hot item and you can expect new sets to be scalped up pretty quick unfortunately (I checked my resources the other day and everywhere I get my cards from are almost out of stock), try to get pre orders for product from retailers or better yet, your local game store. Never pay more for sealed product than what your local game store is offering.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kek01 said:

Np. If you find yourself always wanting to play paper along with the online version of the game, try to always be updated on what sets are going to come out. Especially with all the new hype for pokemon cards because of certain "influencers" I will not name, pokemon cards are a hot item and you can expect new sets to be scalped up pretty quick unfortunately (I checked my resources the other day and everywhere I get my cards from are almost out of stock), try to get pre orders for product from retailers or better yet, your local game store. Never pay more for sealed product than what your local game store is offering.

 

I feel like a bit of an oddity reading your reply tbh 😄 Before I explain why, thanks for the additional info as I either didn't know or wouldn't have thought of. 

 

I do play paper but only with my family - almost on a nightly basis - as there isn't a scene where I live. I'm really not into "influencers" of the game online or off tbh - it's just not my cuppa.

 

I pre ordered the two Vivid Voltage decks that night previously mentioned via Amazon. I won't lie, the whole house hold is excited for the delivery! 😁 

 

So with all that said, I feel a bit like an "oddity" liking the cards, the game on and offline but really disliking the whole online scene i.e. "influencers" and/or watching other people play and/or collect cards.

Edited by GrimBeard
Fixing structure of sentences.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GrimBeard said:

So with all that said, I feel a bit like an "oddity" liking the cards, the game on and offline but really disliking the whole online scene i.e. "influencers" and/or watching other people play and/or collect cards.

 

I am not disagreeing with your initial suggestion, and you've admitted you're - in your own words - an "oddity".  Please forgive me if this sounds like a criticism, as I just want to make sure you understand how easy it is to find the information about core releases.  They probably should implement your suggestion, or something resembling it.  Until they do, though, you should understand that finding the official release date for things like giftsets can be tricky, but major sets are announced on the official website (pokemon.com) at least two weeks before it officially releases.  Also, apologies for the length, but I tend to take it for granted that folks know about what I'm going to tell you:

 

You do not need to follow "influencers" to know this.  I think  @Kek01 just brought them up as an example of an easily found source - they're not usually breaking the news - or as a guide for speculation - where some of them are an excellent primary source, or at least entertaining.  Due to board rules, I cannot link you to any of them, but a wide assortment of fan run websites will gladly announce when they learn of official release dates.  Sometimes before the official site, but usually no later than a day after the official announcement... and some of those official announcements are frustratingly easy to miss on the main site.  Even if you don't want to do any of that, Google is your friend.

 

The Pokémon TCG actually follows a pretty steady release cycle for "core" sets.  Core is an unofficial term.  If you look, you'll notice how most recent sets carry the Sword & Shield branding... but not Champion's Path.  Champion's Path is a "bonus set".  Core sets are the quarterly released expansions.  February, May, August, November: that is the cycle they've followed since since the release of EX - FireRed & LeafGreen back on 30th, 2004, with two exceptions.  EX - Delta Species released on October 31, 2005 and Black & White released on April 25, 2011.  As we're less than a week outside of the expected release date, I'm nitpicking just including them.  The first true exception is likely to happen with the set after SW - Vivid Voltage, an unfortunate side effect of the pandemic situation.

 

So, I hope that helps you stay abreast of developments in the Pokémon TCG.  Besides set releases, this will usually help you know well ahead of time when things like set rotation, ban list updates, etc. happen as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Otakutron said:

 

I am not disagreeing with your initial suggestion, and you've admitted you're - in your own words - an "oddity".  Please forgive me if this sounds like a criticism, as I just want to make sure you understand how easy it is to find the information about core releases.  They probably should implement your suggestion, or something resembling it.  Until they do, though, you should understand that finding the official release date for things like giftsets can be tricky, but major sets are announced on the official website (pokemon.com) at least two weeks before it officially releases.  Also, apologies for the length, but I tend to take it for granted that folks know about what I'm going to tell you:

 

You do not need to follow "influencers" to know this.  I think  @Kek01 just brought them up as an example of an easily found source - they're not usually breaking the news - or as a guide for speculation - where some of them are an excellent primary source, or at least entertaining.  Due to board rules, I cannot link you to any of them, but a wide assortment of fan run websites will gladly announce when they learn of official release dates.  Sometimes before the official site, but usually no later than a day after the official announcement... and some of those official announcements are frustratingly easy to miss on the main site.  Even if you don't want to do any of that, Google is your friend.

 

The Pokémon TCG actually follows a pretty steady release cycle for "core" sets.  Core is an unofficial term.  If you look, you'll notice how most recent sets carry the Sword & Shield branding... but not Champion's Path.  Champion's Path is a "bonus set".  Core sets are the quarterly released expansions.  February, May, August, November: that is the cycle they've followed since since the release of EX - FireRed & LeafGreen back on 30th, 2004, with two exceptions.  EX - Delta Species released on October 31, 2005 and Black & White released on April 25, 2011.  As we're less than a week outside of the expected release date, I'm nitpicking just including them.  The first true exception is likely to happen with the set after SW - Vivid Voltage, an unfortunate side effect of the pandemic situation.

 

So, I hope that helps you stay abreast of developments in the Pokémon TCG.  Besides set releases, this will usually help you know well ahead of time when things like set rotation, ban list updates, etc. happen as well.

 

No criticism taken - no worries.

 

Yeah how you described what @Kek01 typed was how I also understood it i.e. an example of a source. 

 

Everything everyone typed here is very useful to know to anyone - like myself - who's not in the know. I'll definitely be a "make Google your friend" type of Pokemon user to find out info on upcoming releases etc. Tbh am going add that to my to do list.

 

It makes sense when you explained the Sword & Shield branding etc as yeah, I noticed a theme but didn't give it any mind to figure it out. 

Edited by GrimBeard
Fixing spelling.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, GrimBeard said:

 

No criticism taken - no worries.

 

Yeah how you described what @Kek01 typed was how I also understood it i.e. an example of a source. 

 

Everything everyone typed here is very useful to know to anyone - like myself - who's not in the know. I'll definitely be a "make Google your friend" type of Pokemon user to find out info on upcoming releases etc. Tbh am going add that to my to do list.

 

It makes sense when you explained the Sword & Shield branding etc as yeah, I noticed a theme but didn't give it any mind to figure it out. 

100% yes you can definitely find many sources online, I should have probably mentioned there's many different ways to but I find myself just putting them on in the background without watching while I do work or other chores around the house, sort of like my own makeshift radio/podcast station haha. But yes like Otakuron said you can expect 4 set releases a year to happen. Set lists will usually be available online before they come out, and if you don't like watching people speak on and on about the cards you can always give them a look yourself and have fun with your family to see what prospective strategies you guys can come up with. Happy playing :)

Edited by Kek01
wrong @
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kek01 said:

Happy playing :)

 

Right back at ya 😄

 

2 hours ago, Kek01 said:

I find myself just putting them on in the background without watching while I do work or other chores around the house, sort of like my own makeshift radio/podcast station haha.

 

Not Pokemon related, but yeah I do that too. My "watch later" list is MASSIVE and always changing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...