Jump to content

Cheap Water Toolbox Deck?


pokeimam541495
 Share

Recommended Posts

anyone have a cheap water toolbox decklist to hit weakness on?

Spoiler

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 11

1 Articuno ROS 17
1 Regice AOR 24
1 Glaceon-EX FAC 20
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
2 Manaphy-EX BKP 116
2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
3 Seismitoad-EX FFI 106

Trainer Cards - 38

1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97
1 Super Rod BKT 149
3 Energy Switch ROS 109
3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
3 Trainers' Mail AOR 100
4 Max Elixir BKP 102
4 Rough Seas PRC 137
4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
1 AZ PHF 117
1 Xerosic PHF 119
2 Lysandre FLF 104
2 N FAC 105
4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

Energy - 11

11 Basic { Water } Energy GEN 77

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I am looking for a budget alternative for 2 shaymin-ex and illegal cards in this deck.

Also if you have a budget-friendly list you can share.

 

Edited by pokeimam541495
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Instead of Shaymin EX, you can run 1 Dedenne GX and 1 other support Pokemon like Tapu Lele GX, Jirachi EX, or Eldegoss V. I don't think Regice is that effective any more against the current meta, I'd cut it. Seismitoad EX is a very strong card, personally, I think it pairs best with Double Colorless Energy/Twin Energy and maybe Tapu Koko {*} for acceleration. That'll save you deck space, and you should be able to reliably find energy between Guzma and Hala/Piers and Energy Loto. If you want to stick close to the current build, I'd run Aqua Patch over Max Elixir, as well as at least 3 Battle Compressor. To help with some matchups, I'd run either a 2-2 line of Garbodor with Garbotoxin or a 2-2 line of Alolan Muk with Power of Alchemy. Alolan Muk's ability to shut off Basic Pokemon negates most threats to Seismitoad, and it doesn't require you to have a Pokemon Tool attached either. Run Acerola instead of AZ, it's better in general. I'd cut the Energy Switch entirely, I don't see it being that helpful. Swap Xerosic for a Faba, which is a much better version of the same card, and use Rescue Stretcher or Ordinary Rod instead of Super Rod. I'd also cut Articuno completely, I just don't see it being that advantageous to have. Glaceon EX has its uses, but they are few overall. That can probably go as well. I don't really see any other Pokemon in the deck being as strong as Seismitoad EX in the current Expanded format so I'd build the deck around getting off the turn 1 Quaking Punch and boosting the damage and what not. You could take an example from the Vikasect deck in Standard which uses Vikavolt V to Item lock while getting extra damage in with Parasect TEU and Yell Horn. You could run your deck with Toxicroak SSH instead, and Hypnotoxic Laser.

 

Here's my idea of a deck list for Seismicroak:

Spoiler

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Alolan Grimer UNM 127
* 3 Toxicroak SSH 124
* 3 Croagunk STS 58
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Alolan Muk SUM 58
* 3 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Acro Bike CES 123
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 2 Virbank City Gym PLS 126
* 3 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Judge FLI 108
* 2 N FCO 105
* 2 Guzma BUS 115

##Energy - 11

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 4 Twin Energy RCL 174
* 3 Lightning Energy SMEnergy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

 

Edited by ellomello044208
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ellomello044208 said:

Instead of Shaymin EX, you can run 1 Dedenne GX and 1 other support Pokemon like Tapu Lele GX, Jirachi EX, or Eldegoss V. I don't think Regice is that effective any more against the current meta, I'd cut it. Seismitoad EX is a very strong card, personally, I think it pairs best with Double Colorless Energy/Twin Energy and maybe Tapu Koko {*} for acceleration. That'll save you deck space, and you should be able to reliably find energy between Guzma and Hala/Piers and Energy Loto. If you want to stick close to the current build, I'd run Aqua Patch over Max Elixir, as well as at least 3 Battle Compressor. To help with some matchups, I'd run either a 2-2 line of Garbodor with Garbotoxin or a 2-2 line of Alolan Muk with Power of Alchemy. Alolan Muk's ability to shut off Basic Pokemon negates most threats to Seismitoad, and it doesn't require you to have a Pokemon Tool attached either. Run Acerola instead of AZ, it's better in general. I'd cut the Energy Switch entirely, I don't see it being that helpful. Swap Xerosic for a Faba, which is a much better version of the same card, and use Rescue Stretcher or Ordinary Rod instead of Super Rod. I'd also cut Articuno completely, I just don't see it being that advantageous to have. Glaceon EX has its uses, but they are few overall. That can probably go as well. I don't really see any other Pokemon in the deck being as strong as Seismitoad EX in the current Expanded format so I'd build the deck around getting off the turn 1 Quaking Punch and boosting the damage and what not. You could take an example from the Vikasect deck in Standard which uses Vikavolt V to Item lock while getting extra damage in with Parasect TEU and Yell Horn. You could run your deck with Toxicroak SSH instead, and Hypnotoxic Laser.

 

Here's my idea of a deck list for Seismicroak:

  Reveal hidden contents

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Alolan Grimer UNM 127
* 3 Toxicroak SSH 124
* 3 Croagunk STS 58
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Alolan Muk SUM 58
* 3 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Acro Bike CES 123
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 2 Virbank City Gym PLS 126
* 3 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Judge FLI 108
* 2 N FCO 105
* 2 Guzma BUS 115

##Energy - 11

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 4 Twin Energy RCL 174
* 3 Lightning Energy SMEnergy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

 

Can you send me a budget VikaSect list?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a basic VikaSect list:

Spoiler

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Crobat V DAA 182
* 2 Paras DAA 3
* 2 Parasect TEU 7
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 219
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 4 Vikavolt V DAA 180

##Trainer Cards - 39

* 4 Crushing Hammer SSH 159
* 1 Team Yell Grunt SSH 184
* 2 Cape of Toughness DAA 160
* 4 Yell Horn DAA 173
* 4 Switch SSH 183
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 2 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 2 Bird Keeper DAA 159
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 189
* 3 Great Ball SSH 164
* 1 Tool Scrapper RCL 168
* 4 Professor's Research CPA 62
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 2 Air Balloon SSH 156

##Energy - 9

* 3 Speed Lightning Energy RCL 173
* 6 Lightning Energy Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Here's a more budget-friendly build:

Spoiler

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 9

* 2 Paras DAA 3
* 2 Parasect TEU 7
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 3 Vikavolt V DAA 180

##Trainer Cards - 41

* 4 Great Ball SSH 164
* 4 Crushing Hammer SSH 159
* 1 Team Yell Grunt SSH 184
* 2 Cape of Toughness DAA 160
* 4 Yell Horn DAA 173
* 4 Switch SSH 183
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 2 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 2 Bird Keeper DAA 159
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 189
* 1 Tool Scrapper RCL 168
* 4 Professor's Research CPA 62
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 3 Air Balloon SSH 156

##Energy - 10

* 3 Speed Lightning Energy RCL 173
* 7 Lightning Energy Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ellomello044208 said:

Here's a basic VikaSect list:

  Reveal hidden contents

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Crobat V DAA 182
* 2 Paras DAA 3
* 2 Parasect TEU 7
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 219
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 4 Vikavolt V DAA 180

##Trainer Cards - 39

* 4 Crushing Hammer SSH 159
* 1 Team Yell Grunt SSH 184
* 2 Cape of Toughness DAA 160
* 4 Yell Horn DAA 173
* 4 Switch SSH 183
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 2 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 2 Bird Keeper DAA 159
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 189
* 3 Great Ball SSH 164
* 1 Tool Scrapper RCL 168
* 4 Professor's Research CPA 62
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 2 Air Balloon SSH 156

##Energy - 9

* 3 Speed Lightning Energy RCL 173
* 6 Lightning Energy Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Here's a more budget-friendly build:

  Reveal hidden contents

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 9

* 2 Paras DAA 3
* 2 Parasect TEU 7
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 3 Vikavolt V DAA 180

##Trainer Cards - 41

* 4 Great Ball SSH 164
* 4 Crushing Hammer SSH 159
* 1 Team Yell Grunt SSH 184
* 2 Cape of Toughness DAA 160
* 4 Yell Horn DAA 173
* 4 Switch SSH 183
* 3 Marnie SSH 169
* 2 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 2 Bird Keeper DAA 159
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 189
* 1 Tool Scrapper RCL 168
* 4 Professor's Research CPA 62
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 3 Air Balloon SSH 156

##Energy - 10

* 3 Speed Lightning Energy RCL 173
* 7 Lightning Energy Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

 

-2 Boss Orders (high budget)

+2 ??? 

Are there any supporter available for deck?otherwise i am thinking of adding pokemon catcher but supporter count will decrease.I'm more willing to play standard.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, pokeimam541495 said:

-2 Boss Orders (high budget)

+2 ??? 

Are there any supporter available for deck?otherwise i am thinking of adding pokemon catcher but supporter count will decrease.I'm more willing to play standard.

 

Yea and also minus a crobat. A crobat is worth much more than 2 boss's, and currently there is no good replacement for boss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2020 at 7:50 PM, Uuuhhh123 said:

Yea and also minus a crobat. A crobat is worth much more than 2 boss's, and currently there is no good replacement for boss.

I didn't include Crobat V in the budget-friendly list.

 

On 10/24/2020 at 9:02 AM, pokeimam541495 said:

-2 Boss Orders (high budget)

+2 ??? 

Are there any supporter available for deck?otherwise i am thinking of adding pokemon catcher but supporter count will decrease.I'm more willing to play standard.

 

Don't worry about decreasing Supporter count, it's only important for Slowpoke and Psyduck GX. Just throw in 2 Pokemon Catcher and call it good. Even with limited consistency, it'll still work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the subject of water decks, this is gonna seem random & may not amount to anything but if you don't ask you'll never know.

I just returned to this game on my old profile after a long absence & needless to say a lot has changed since I last played, GX's aren't really used that much with V's being the new standard, but I wondered if it's still possible to build a more modern deck around them, more specifically Articuno EX. I have it so I though why not mess around & see if it is possible (kinda like a fun experiment) Any suggestions on cards that would go well with it? Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...