Sorting collection by newest cards obtained

l00n4t1c

There are many circumstances where I open up a bunch of booster packs at once, and then have to filter through my entire collection to find those newly pulled cards. It's even more of a caveat if the player (like myself, and presumably many others) has a lot of cards in their collection, too. 

What if there was a way to sort your collection by the date in which you obtained a card?

• Definitely favorable for collectors, or those who may open a lot of card packs in game.
  • Ideal for checking if you pulled another card (or a foil version) you may be looking for.
    • Ex: If you have 2 ultra balls and you want a full set (4), check to see if you pulled one (or foil equivalent) from the recent packs you've opened.

Also, a technical question; don't know if this can be answered but I'm throwing it here anyway: Does the database store timestamps for each (new) card entry for the user/when a certain pack was opened? Implementation wise, I think this should be pretty easy to add this sort of feature if there's time stamps on cards obtained (it would also be a beneficial security feature to have if there's ever an exploit 🤠)

I'd like some thoughts & feedback on this one. Train on!

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2020 at 1:12 AM, l00n4t1c said:

There are many circumstances where I open up a bunch of booster packs at once, and then have to filter through my entire collection to find those newly pulled cards. It's even more of a caveat if the player (like myself, and presumably many others) has a lot of cards in their collection, too. 

What if there was a way to sort your collection by the date in which you obtained a card?

• Definitely favorable for collectors, or those who may open a lot of card packs in game.
  • Ideal for checking if you pulled another card (or a foil version) you may be looking for.
    • Ex: If you have 2 ultra balls and you want a full set (4), check to see if you pulled one (or foil equivalent) from the recent packs you've opened.

Also, a technical question; don't know if this can be answered but I'm throwing it here anyway: Does the database store timestamps for each (new) card entry for the user/when a certain pack was opened? Implementation wise, I think this should be pretty easy to add this sort of feature if there's time stamps on cards obtained (it would also be a beneficial security feature to have if there's ever an exploit 🤠)

I'd like some thoughts & feedback on this one. Train on!

Hello @l00n4t1c

Thank you for sharing your relevant suggestion with the forum! 

I'm letting the development know.