Looking For Players Without V, EX, GX or Tag Team

GrimBeard

Hello everyone and anyone! 

So I'm new to Pokemon online and was wondering if anybody would like to join me for friendly Pokemon cards matches online?

Being a beginner, I am very interested in playing other people without using V, EX, GX or Tag Team cards as I simply haven't unlocked enough cards to compete against decks full of them. Essentially what I am looking for is to play against people with custom decks minus the V, EX, GX or Tag Team cards, ideally in legacy but standard is also cool. 

So in other words if you're a bit tired of themed matches and want a custom match against someone who's collection isn't full cards that make you shrink back in your seat, feel free to message me/add me.

Edit:

My name in-game name is GrimmBeard

2nd Edit:

So confirm the rules - for lack of a better word, no Pokemon of the following kind:

• EX
  • GX 
  • Tag Team 
Edited by GrimBeard
Refining details.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Pyu514068 said:

I would like to do a match i have a non gx or ex or v deck which only concentrates on normal pokemon

Awesome. Feel free to add me and we can try our deck/s out. My name in-game is GrimmBeard. I'll add you also.

Thanks for responding. I'll look forward our match up! 😆

11 hours ago, Fatcatz2007 said:

I can we play legacy if you are interested 

Yeah, that'd be awesome.

Feel free to add me and we can try our deck/s out. My name in-game is GrimmBeard. I'll add you when I go online (mostly nights for myself).

Thanks for responding. I'll look forward our match up!

• Like 1

I am interested in trying the Legacy Format without multi-Prize Pokémon, or with only Pokémon LEGEND cards, if that is how you want to roll.  I'm rarely on because my ancient tablet cannot handle the PTCGO anymore.  Still, if you want to take a chance, go ahead and add me.  Screen name is the same as my board name.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GGLaguna said:

Get the Kyogre deck and play themed lol

I have that deck. Along with a few other packs/decks it was one of the first Pokemon products I bought.

Think you may have replied to the wrong post as I'm hoping to play outside of the themed decks but atm I haven't got enough cards to populate a deck for standard due to reason/s I previously mentioned.

2 hours ago, Otakutron said:

I am interested in trying the Legacy Format without multi-Prize Pokémon, or with only Pokémon LEGEND cards, if that is how you want to roll.  I'm rarely on because my ancient tablet cannot handle the PTCGO anymore.  Still, if you want to take a chance, go ahead and add me.  Screen name is the same as my board name.

Yeah that'd be cool. I'll add you when am next online. I play most nights tbh so we'll probably catch eachother at some point. Feel free to drop me a message if you see me online.

EDIT: Thanks for responding. I forgot to say 😅

Edited by GrimBeard
Forgot to say
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Otakutron said:

Uh-oh.  I re-read my post and now I'm worried I made a promise I can't keep.  Just in case anyone took it that way, I am not saying I'll run a Pokémon LEGENDs deck.  I don't recall if I even have both halves for any of them. XP I just meant that they were the one kind of multi-Prize Pokémon in the PTCGO that aren't Pokémon-EX, Pokémon-GX, or Pokémon V.

It might still be a few weeks, but I look forward to trying this out with you.  GrimmBeard, is it okay for us to share at least the more interesting or relevant results of the matches here.  I very much would like to know if I've been right or wrong all this time about what a single-Prize Format would be like... and I'm not going to have enough data if I try to go by just a few games, especially if I'm one of the players. XP

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Otakutron said:

Uh-oh.  I re-read my post and now I'm worried I made a promise I can't keep.  Just in case anyone took it that way, I am not saying I'll run a Pokémon LEGENDs deck.  I don't recall if I even have both halves for any of them. XP I just meant that they were the one kind of multi-Prize Pokémon in the PTCGO that aren't Pokémon-EX, Pokémon-GX, or Pokémon V.

All cool, I understood that that is what you meant however when I first read it I was thinking, "no no no no no no" 😆 I had guessed it was a typo or something of that nature. I only have one half of one legend so we all good.

13 minutes ago, Otakutron said:

GrimmBeard, is it okay for us to share at least the more interesting or relevant results of the matches here.  I very much would like to know if I've been right or wrong all this time about what a single-Prize Format would be like... and I'm not going to have enough data if I try to go by just a few games, especially if I'm one of the players. XP

Yeah, sure knock yourself out. I'm not invested in the stat collecting etc personally, I just enjoy the fun matches, creating decks and - ideally 😅 - learning how to get better at both. So yeah, go for it - no skin off my nose as they say.

• Like 1

I'd love to play some matches with you! I'll be free later today as well as over the weekend. I've sent you a friend request, you can challenge me whenever I'm online.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ellomello044208 said:

I'd love to play some matches with you! I'll be free later today as well as over the weekend. I've sent you a friend request, you can challenge me whenever I'm online.

Awesome, sounds good to me. When I log in tonight I'lll accept your request and send a challenge after I check out my deck/s are up to date (I've unlocked the cool looking Copycat online via points and got a booster or two to open online).

I play most nights so I'm certain we'll dump into each other at some point. I'll look forward to it. Til then good luck with your matches 😃

I will throw my name into the hat. I love single prize decks and have MANY decks. (I think I have a total of like 92 just single prize decks) Message me after you add me so we can arrange a good time to play. I'm free most evenings, but not weekends. Have had plenty of rants in here about gx and v pokemon that I'm not such a big fan of and hoping for a single prize format to eventually occur. Keeping that hope alive. Good to see alot of others want this as well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, guruguy87 said:

I will throw my name into the hat. I love single prize decks and have MANY decks.

Last night I took a loooooooong look at the decks I've created and scrapped most of them. I tidied the remaining ones up so hopefully I'll have something to compete against you 😅

6 hours ago, guruguy87 said:

Message me after you add me so we can arrange a good time to play. I'm free most evenings, but not weekends.

No prob will do. I play most nights so same for yourself - give me a shout if I don't notice you online first. Until then good luck with your matches and thanks for replying. 

hi i started playing before 1 year then some days later i stopped i used to collect pokemon card i lost everything moving my home now i rejoind i started playing i used to play fortnite but then realized its bad to play those games so i was going to say that i am rookie player and i dont have gx v ex or any of those stuff

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, revveni15raider said:

hi i started playing before 1 year then some days later i stopped i used to collect Pokemon card i lost everything moving my home now i rejoined... so i was going to say that i am rookie player and i don't have gx v ex or any of those stuff

Hey, hope you're doing good. When am online later I'll add you. Been a bit ill recently so haven't been feeling up to it as much but am a lot better now 😀 

9 hours ago, revveni15raider said:

i want to play i have a charizard deck zamezenta deck draganite deck

Just curious, are you going to be playing the theme decks as they come or will you be changing them up in any way? Either way if fine obviously - am just curious.

jsut if you want to know, the title is not that good because you like kinda START with a GX when you beat the 4 trainers that are not hard to beat!

• Downvote 1

Sorry I'm not sure I understand.

2 hours ago, s1llyg00se said:

just if you want to know, the title is not that good

Are you referring to the title of the thread?

2 hours ago, s1llyg00se said:

the title is not that good because you like kinda START with a GX when you beat the 4 trainers that are not hard to beat!

I'm guessing what you mean  because the manner in which it has been typed, well, it's not easy to read. Are you saying players "start with a GX" Pokemon card when they "beat the four trainers" - I guess in the trainer challenge mode or tutorial - "which are not hard to beat". Is that correct?

If so that's besides the point of this thread. Having or not having V, EX, GX or Tag Team cards is irrelevant (I myself, the author of this thread, has 19 V, 3 EX, 18 GX, and 9 Tag Team cards not including duplicates. I also have never bought one I want to add - not that that matters). The point of this thread is for people who are interested in - for whatever reason - having one or more single prize Pokemon card match/es online.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GrimBeard said:

Hey, hope you're doing good. When am online later I'll add you. Been a bit ill recently so haven't been feeling up to it as much but am a lot better now 😀 

Just curious, are you going to be playing the theme decks as they come or will you be changing them up in any way? Either way if fine obviously - am just curious.

i dont know these are my strong decks i have but charizard is the best i recommend to charizard deck

Tipping my hand, but if I'm playing with single-Prize Pokémon in Legacy, I'll see if my Weavile (BW - Plasma Freeze 66/116) is still worth it or not.

Edited by Otakutron
Typo; had "XY" instead of "BW"