Doom Count GX Stopped by Fairy Charm

jakegearhart

jakegearhart

When copying Yveltal GX's "Doom Count GX" with Marshadow GX against a Fairy Type Pokémon that has exactly four damage counters on it and has the "Fairy Charm Ability" tool card attached, the GX attack fails. "Doom Count GX" directly knocks out the defending Pokémon if it's condition is met and "Fairy Charm Ability" prevents damage, not a direct knock out.

ellomello044208

Hi @jakegearhart, nice to see you here on Forums. Do you have a Game Log of the incident? It can be very helpful for identifying potential bugs.

Edited by ellomello044208
jakegearhart
13 hours ago, ellomello044208 said:

Hi @jakegearhart, nice to see you here on Forums. Do you have a Game Log of the incident? It can be very helpful for identifying potential bugs.

I unfortunately don't have the game log of the incident. I will make sure to copy that next time I encounter an issue. The only other thing of note is that the fairy Pokémon (which was Gardevoir & Sylveon GX) was poisoned and so went to five damage counters in between turns but that was after the GX attack.

TPCi_Mathis

I know it's hard to confirm without a game log, but is there any chance that your opponent had something else in play that prevented the effect of your attack, like a Wonder Energy (PRC #144) attached to Gardevoir & Sylveon-GX or a Galarian Mr. Rime (RCL #38) on their Bench?