Fatcatz2007

Bots in legacy?

Fatcatz2007

Recently I have encountered something very VERY strange. While playing on legacy in the versus battles, 50% of the time I get paired up with someone who doesn’t rlly play anything and concedes within the 1 minute or so. Sometimes it is very creepy because they spam emojis and “well played” in the chat. I have a theory that these are bots someone made to intentionally to get them points and farm rewards when they get paired up with the. Legacy would be the perfect target theme because of how little of a number of active players there are. But I’m not sure. I will continue to experiment. What do you guys think? Have things like this happened before?

ellomello044208

Yes, these are “bots” in a sense. It’s a process called genting, where the player who wins the coin flip wins to match to allow for people to easily collect rewards. It happens commonly in Legacy as a result of the lack of players in the format, something that you mentioned. 

ProTrainerGreen

Idk about legacy but if you look at the theme deck leaderboard you'll see it's dominated by a bot in china named Green########, they take up like half or more of the top 25 spots. I suspect the other accounts in the top 25 there are also bots, so I'd check both leaderboards and see if any players are leading in both boards.

Pyu514068

This is always happening in legacy, this is actually called genting(or gentlemen's agreement) in this the one who wins the coin flip will say well played and tge other will concede

Fatcatz2007

Would it be an offense if players who didn’t create the bots took advantage occasionally.

LightFlarion

That's funny that you much this happening in legacy, I experience this "genting" quite often when I play legacy mode. Never knew what it was actually before reading this post lol.