Cards out of rotation

Tomtoo

With new cards being released soon i guess a type will be taken out of rotation from tournament play, but i was wondering what happens to the cards on PTCGO do they just vanish from your collection or something else?

Hey Trainer!

That's a really good question! We are still in Beta so we don't have any concrete information regarding this issue yet but we will definitely post any relevant information in the forums as soon as we have it!

Thanks for playing !!!

Prof. Capybara

Vespa Woman

"Never knows best..."

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope they don't. That would be a major waste of money, especially for those who only buy codes. I've spent over $100 dollars in codes and if the cards I got disappeared that wouldn't be cool. Please just put an option for tournament play for the cards that are currently in rotation, and a free play option for all cards. That would solve both problems. No outcry from those who would essentially lose their cards, theyd get to keep and still use them, and for those who prefer the current metagame they can play it. Please don't get rid of the cards!

I really hope they don't. That would be a major waste of money, especially for those who only buy codes. I've spent over $100 dollars in codes and if the cards I got disappeared that wouldn't be cool. Please just put an option for tournament play for the cards that are currently in rotation, and a free play option for all cards. That would solve both problems. No outcry from those who would essentially lose their cards, theyd get to keep and still use them, and for those who prefer the current metagame they can play it. Please don't get rid of the cards!

I agree that they shouldn't get rid of the cards but they should impliment (sorry for any spelling errors) a "modified" battling system so that those who want to battle in rotation can and those that don't can play in "unlimited". Of course, there would still be novice and expert, but just two different "versions".

or they could just let u purchase new boosters for each 10 cards that go away or smthn

No I don't like that. I enjoy the older cards. I agree with Daykora.

if they dont do a unlmited format addition for hgss and such that will rotate out sometime this year, they would (assuming) credit u with the same number of packs you have redeemed on those rotated cards and such.

that or just wipe everyones account and then credit you the total number of packs u have redeemed. just like they did in august.

if they dont do a unlmited format addition for hgss and such that will rotate out sometime this year, they would (assuming) credit u with the same number of packs you have redeemed on those rotated cards and such.

that or just wipe everyones account and then credit you the total number of packs u have redeemed. just like they did in august.

I hear ya, it just makes more sense to add an unlimited format. It wouldn't be that hard. And ughh whipe accounts again? That would mess up everything.

I actually think that sounds like fun, being able to open the packs and start trading all over again from scratch; even though i'd be losing out on á fáír bit. (You guys really need to tweak the profanity filter, it keeps censoring everything I write for no apparent reason..) However, I suppose it wouldn't be very fun for those people who acquired most/all of their cards through means of begging and getting lucky with accidental 1-for-nothing trades. They'd lose everything! XD

i'd say locking the cards would be best, some people may still wish to collect them; if all you do is battle then just trade them off for something else. *shrug* Like I said, I have no problem with them taking all my lovely cards and re-issuing booster credits if they feel the need. :3

I actually think that sounds like fun, being able to open the packs and start trading all over again from scratch; even though i'd be losing out on á fáír bit. (You guys really need to tweak the profanity filter, it keeps censoring everything I write for no apparent reason..) However, I suppose it wouldn't be very fun for those people who acquired most/all of their cards through means of begging and getting lucky with accidental 1-for-nothing trades. They'd lose everything! XD

i'd say locking the cards would be best, some people may still wish to collect them; if all you do is battle then just trade them off for something else. *shrug* Like I said, I have no problem with them taking all my lovely cards and re-issuing booster credits if they feel the need. :3

The profanity filter for words that seem normal is due to certain words that children (-13) should not be seeing. Though, I do agree with the "a" and "fair" censoring. The reason for that is if you were to add an "f" between those two, then it would create a word that should not be seen by those ages. I realize you or others may find it pointless and stupid, but the company need to be cautious.

Other cases, like the word "méáñ (without the accents and tilde)," are so that people can't be rude to others. I do think though, that the company should make the filter "you are..." instead of any case that uses that word.

They should just make it so their(age -13) accounts have a button to have parental control or whatever and once its activated (By the parent with a password lock of course), it will censor the words ONLY ON THEIR ACCOUNT. So the rest of us do not have to suffer.

About the rotation thing, they should just have every format up online.

for exmaple,

HGSS-on (what is currently) (HGSS till ND guesstimating)

BW-on (what it will be soon) (BW till ???)

etc

• 2 weeks later...

They should just make it so their(age -13) accounts have a button to have parental control or whatever and once its activated (By the parent with a password lock of course), it will censor the words ONLY ON THEIR ACCOUNT. So the rest of us do not have to suffer.

About the rotation thing, they should just have every format up online.

for exmaple,

HGSS-on (what is currently) (HGSS till ND guesstimating)

BW-on (what it will be soon) (BW till ???)

etc

I totally agree, something like this would work also.

The profanity filter for words that seem normal is due to certain words that children (-13) should not be seeing. Though, I do agree with the "a" and "fair" censoring. The reason for that is if you were to add an "f" between those two, then it would create a word that should not be seen by those ages. I realize you or others may find it pointless and stupid, but the company need to be cautious.

Other cases, like the word "méáñ (without the accents and tilde)," are so that people can't be rude to others. I do think though, that the company should make the filter "you are..." instead of any case that uses that word.

The problem is that words like ŃƒÅi® and MéÅñ have alternate meanings. I just hate seeing the limitation of the English language due to censorship.

Anywho, I'm pretty new to TCGO as a whole, and competitive TCG as well. It feels like rather than TCGO functioning like a simulation for a competitive environment used for practice and entertainment (i.e. PO/Smogon), it should function as a completely different entity. I think it will be difficult to get people to keep spending money when their rewards are constantly taken away- that's not how a rewards system properly functions. I feel as if TCGO should retain their main metagame as unlimited, allowing all cards HGSS and on, while keeping a side metagame option for those interested in tournament play.

So i'm not allowed to say "á fáír trade," but if I felt like saying "illicit promiscuity" then that would be perfectly acceptable? xD

See what I mean? Needs a bit of tweaking...

I always hear this same argument no matter which game, and I always agree wholeheartedly... and as always, the good idea is wholeheartedly ignored by the devs and mods 100% of the time. </3

Ah well, we make do with what we have...

"There be this ho-oh a few blocks down, engaging in illicit, promiscuous "trades" in exchange for virtual ND packs!"

Child: Mommy, what's a.. pro-miss-koouyus mean?

Mother: "GET OFF THAT WEBSITE!!@" >:0

What I would like to see them do once the game is out of beta is setup a legacy system with the game, that lets you play the trading card game from different eras.

The first legacy edition of the game would obviously be Heart Gold Soul Silver to BLW5, after they likely rotate to BLW-on this summer.

I think it would be best to start with Base Set - Team Rocket, or something along those lines for bringing in the other old sets.

How I would implement the system, is have it so every time you win a ranked game, you win a "Legacy Booster Token", which can be used to get a booster pack from a legacy set. This would give players the incentive to continually play the game, while also keeping it so they have to obtain booster codes for the current sets (either buying from a third party or buying packs) to play the current modified format.

Not sure how they would implement the system. Could do it so that the legacy formats are just whatever the format was at the time of the World Championship that year, although I think it would be cool if they could find a way to put together every version of a legal modified format ever made...would definitely make people never leave this online game for sure.

"There be this ho-oh a few blocks down, engaging in illicit, promiscuous "trades" in exchange for virtual ND packs!"

Child: Mommy, what's a.. pro-miss-koouyus mean?

Mother: "GET OFF THAT WEBSITE!!@" >:0

hahah that was funny i like u sir fudge that ho-ho hard xD

bug fixing and text blocking are two different areas all together, at least I would hope they are for this game because of the size of both the series and the company itself.

Archived