Sign in to follow this  
ColmilloBlancoX

This game needs a reworkd

ColmilloBlancoX

Hello everyone, I returned to playing after years and I would just like to say that I love the game, but the application needs to be improved a lot, currently it looks very old and for years it has the same challenges and the same format there is no new content except the decks and cards.

What is this about? The design could be greatly improved and made more desirable to new players, our challenges, new rewards and more things to do.

The theme of the avatars and in general the complete design could be much better since it has been the same for years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Kek01

IIRC a couple years ago there was talk that one of the developer's for Magic The Gathering: Arena was working on a project with TPCI (mind you this was 2018 maybe?). It looked as if his work would possibly hint towards a redesign or a complete replacement for PTCGO. I'm in definite agreement with you, if the PTCGO client played and ran like MTGA man things would look so pretty and I'd actually enjoy watching through the animations during a game of ptcg. To add a little bit here's some things I really like from MTGA that I wish PTCGO could one day adopt:

1. Reordering cards in your hand. In MTGA you can click and drag cards around in your hand to drag them where you'd like to be. It's a small thing I know but it's what we all do in real life anyways when playing PTCG and I know many people like having the cards in their hand set up a certain way.
  2. Interactive/Different playmats. PTCGO could learn from both Hearthstone and MTGA here, each time you get a game the background/playmat is different, and some of them you can click stuff in the background. Again a small thing but it would definitely bring some modernity to PTCGO.
  3. Animations/Art/3D stuff. More modern online TCG/CCG's have card specific animations (think about how cool it would be to unleash pikarom's GX attack and have that special artistic animation when you pull off a spicy 5 prize card attack). General attack/shuffling/etc. animations would be cool too.
  4. Deck Manager and Trading layout. It would take me longer than I'd like to get into all the specifics for this, but I think we can all agree that for newer players the layout for trading especially isn't as friendly as it could be.

I'm sure there's more that other people would like. This is just some of the things I came up off the top of my head. Definitely hoping that a serious rework/redesign will come soon.

czan

Everybody's is tired of asking for a rework on this game... it's been years! The game has so much potential but it really needs a lot of improvement.

The question is: what can we do so they listen to us? After all, most of us spend a lot of money on physical cards to play this game...

• Upvote 1

Otakutron

I have an answer, but I don't think you'll like it.

For better or worse, the powers-that-be don't heavily value the PTCGO.  I think they see it as a combination of extended tutorial, free trial, and rewards program.  All of these things still have value, so it keeps humming along, but not enough to fund a proper reworking of the game.  Especially if the infrastructure is such that it wouldn't so much be reworking the existing game, but having to start over from scratch.

That's just my pet hypothesis, however.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this