Create my own deck!

pokeimam541495

How can I create a synergistic deck with my own collection and I want to improve it as I get cards.

Edited by pokeimam541495

First, find the card that you’re going to build your deck around and have 3-4 copies of it and any previous Evolutions, if applicable Then, think about any concepts that would make that card more effective. Add cards to your deck that fit with the strategy! Then, use the other deck space for cards that support your support cards.

Here’s an example: say I want to build a deck around Torkoal V. It’s first attack requires me to have 3 energy attached and an energy on top of my deck. So, I need a way to accelerate energy and a way to stack my deck. So I’d use Magcargo CES who can stack my deck with Smooth Over, and Blacksmith to accelerate energy. When I have more coins, I get a Battle Mind Theme Deck with 2 Welder for more energy acceleration. When I start trading, I get Oranguru SSH to help stack my deck, and Victini V as another attacker and form of energy acceleration. To fill the rest of my deck space, I run cards like Pokegear 3.0, Professor’s Letter, Acro Bike, Ultra Ball, etc. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, pokeimam541495 said:

How can I improve my card knowledge?

There's no better way than to play the game. You can try browsing through your Collection with "Owned" and "Not Owned" filters on to see all the cards in existence, but it can get very overwhelming. I'd suggest narrowing down to a specific format as well, and then browsing through that way. However, it's difficult to retain this information, so I'd only suggest this method when you're looking for a new card to build a deck around. When you're looking for support cards, make use of the search features incorporated into the Collection! Some things you search up may not exist (i.e. an Item for Grass energy acceleration) so then check under more general terms, like attach basic Energy, attach Energy, etc. You don't really need to know every card in existence, you just need to know the general concepts that you would want to include, so you can figure out what to search to find the cards you want.

• Upvote 1