Pangoro/Purugly UNB hand discard deck

guruguy87

Both are from unbroken bonds and standard legal. Purugly has an attack for 2 colorless that says "Discard a random card from your opponent's hand. If this Pokémon evolved from Glameow during this turn, discard 2 cards instead of 1." It only does 30 damage, but also has a 2nd attack that does 80 damage for 3 energy. I like pairing this up with Pangoro who also has an attack that discard 2 cards from the opponents hand and it does 60 damage for 3 energy. The idea is to get your opponent stuck in top deck mode while you start smashing. I haven't made the list yet, but I'm working on it. (had a similar pangoro deck a while back) So far I also have included Arbok which has an ability that also discards 2 cards from their hand when it is knocked out. The energy will be psychic and dark with some twin energy too (since arbok and pangoro attack can use it and purugly) Also will be in the list is 4x Jessie and James and the typical 4x prof research, 4x marnie. Thoughts on the idea? 

• Upvote 1

It feels like it’s more effective to set up plays with Weezing HIF and Jessie and James to force your opponent to discard 4 cards from their hand. In combination with Obstagoon CPA, it could be an interesting concept. This would allow you to hand mill your opponent while you control their top deck with a Pokémon like Gothita DAA, eventually completing the lock with 1 Hatterene to discard the card that your opponent draws each turn.

• Upvote 1