Sign in to follow this  
LightFlarion

Legacy Mode Updated

LightFlarion

Hello guys! ūüėÄ

This is an idea I have had for a while now, not sure if it has been posted on the forums before but here it goes.

I enjoy playing all the different formats (Standard/Expanded/Legacy) but recently I feel that the legacy format has become rather stale. I either play against the same 4 or 5 high tier decks or decks that are not really competitive and I feel this has been the case for years since legacy mode has never expanded the card sets that are allowed. My idea is to add the X&Y card set to legacy mode so that it can give the format a breath of fresh air and hopefully expanded the player base and decks that are being played.

Not sure how the community would feel about this change but I think in the long run it would add more variety to deck selection and even possible attract players that stopped playing the game. Also another benefit of adding the X&Y set to legacy mode it would allow old decks from this era to be relevant again.

Another possibility could be to make a format that consists of only the X&Y and Black and White sets. It would be nice to give decks from the X&Y era a chance to be used in competitive play again.

Well that's it from me,

Cheers!

• Downvote 1

Raticate555
Posted (edited)

I think Night March/Shaymin/Battle Compressor would take over the format and probably Trevenant BREAK or Seismitoad EX to counter it. It might just turn into the early XY standard format which from what I've heard about it (I didn't start playing until Fates Collide), wasn't the best of formats. However, I do agree it needs a change and it would be fun to play Volcanion and Yanmega BREAK competitively again! ūüėÄ (Also Greninja BREAK, Xerneas BREAK, Rainbow Force, Mega Mewtwo and more!)

Edited by Raticate555
Thought of more decks I would love to play again.
  • Upvote 1

Mod_GuruLot
On 10/4/2020 at 11:05 PM, LightFlarion said:

Hello guys! ūüėÄ

This is an idea I have had for a while now, not sure if it has been posted on the forums before but here it goes.

I enjoy playing all the different formats (Standard/Expanded/Legacy) but recently I feel that the legacy format has become rather stale. I either play against the same 4 or 5 high tier decks or decks that are not really competitive and I feel this has been the case for years since legacy mode has never expanded the card sets that are allowed. My idea is to add the X&Y card set to legacy mode so that it can give the format a breath of fresh air and hopefully expanded the player base and decks that are being played.

Not sure how the community would feel about this change but I think in the long run it would add more variety to deck selection and even possible attract players that stopped playing the game. Also another benefit of adding the X&Y set to legacy mode it would allow old decks from this era to be relevant again.

Another possibility could be to make a format that consists of only the X&Y and Black and White sets. It would be nice to give decks from the X&Y era a chance to be used in competitive play again.

Well that's it from me,

Cheers!

Hello @LightFlarion, 

Thank you for taking the time to bring your suggestion up to the forum's attention! :) 

I'm also passing this along to the development team for further review. 

LightFlarion

Yeah Seismitoad-EX, Trevenant Break, and Night March were definitely really competitive decks back in the early X&Y scene (I remember playing against them quite a bit), but with Lysandre's Trump Card, Puzzle of Time, and Wally get banned and the release of the Karen trainer card really help balance these decks (to a degree lol :P).

Also what I really liked about the X&Y format was that since it was also "EX" pokemon based it matched up nicely with the Black & White set, allowing players to build interesting and fun decks from the two expansions.

Sign in to follow this