Trading

Lord_Jaffo

Goodmorning everyone. I started to play Pokémon TCGO a few days ago, and I opened some card packs and I got some cards I would like to trade. I will leave the name of the cards here. I am not looking for something specific at the moments because I haven't go that deep into game, but I would like to see what you guys offer for them.

-Charizard GX (looks like the one from Detective Pikachu)

-Cinderace V

-Dawn Wings Necrozma GX

-Entei GX

-Giratina (this one has a prism on the car)

-Glaceon GX

-Malamar VMAX

-Metagross GX (shiny one)

-Palkia GX

-Raichu GX

As I said before I barely have knowledge about this game, but I'm learning more everyday, so please don't offer something that isn't worth for one of this cards :(

• Upvote 1

Welcome to PTCGO and the forums, Lord_Jaffo!

You might not be aware, but trading in PTCGO is different from trading in the physical card game. There are a couple things you should be aware of.

First, many cards will be "trade locked" - if you go to your collection, you'll see one number in blue and one number in gray with a little lock icon next to it. Trade locked cards cannot be traded - these are the cards you start with, and also cards you get when you spend coins on packs and theme decks.

For tradeable cards, we generally use "packs" as currency - these are unopened packs of the most recent set (with a couple of exceptions). For the time being, the baseline currency is unopened packs of Darkness Ablaze (you'll see people write "3 packs DAA" - they are referring to 3 unopened packs of Darkness Ablaze). Uncommon chests, which you can get from tournaments and from trading, are also useful as currency (with a rough value of 4 chests = 1 pack).

The best thing you can do with your cards, if you don't want to build a deck from them, is to offer these cards for packs or uncommon chests. Although many of these cards might seem powerful, they are, unfortunately, not worth very much (you can check card prices by searching "realtime ptcgo" on your favorite search engine). Malamar VX may be worth one or two packs, but the others I think are worth less than one pack (perhaps one or two uncommon chests).

There's a lot more to trading, but this should get you started. Feel free to ask more questions here on the forums as they come up!

1 hour ago, OliverTwisting said:

Welcome to PTCGO and the forums, Lord_Jaffo!

You might not be aware, but trading in PTCGO is different from trading in the physical card game. There are a couple things you should be aware of.

First, many cards will be "trade locked" - if you go to your collection, you'll see one number in blue and one number in gray with a little lock icon next to it. Trade locked cards cannot be traded - these are the cards you start with, and also cards you get when you spend coins on packs and theme decks.

For tradeable cards, we generally use "packs" as currency - these are unopened packs of the most recent set (with a couple of exceptions). For the time being, the baseline currency is unopened packs of Darkness Ablaze (you'll see people write "3 packs DAA" - they are referring to 3 unopened packs of Darkness Ablaze). Uncommon chests, which you can get from tournaments and from trading, are also useful as currency (with a rough value of 4 chests = 1 pack).

The best thing you can do with your cards, if you don't want to build a deck from them, is to offer these cards for packs or uncommon chests. Although many of these cards might seem powerful, they are, unfortunately, not worth very much (you can check card prices by searching "realtime ptcgo" on your favorite search engine). Malamar VX may be worth one or two packs, but the others I think are worth less than one pack (perhaps one or two uncommon chests).

There's a lot more to trading, but this should get you started. Feel free to ask more questions here on the forums as they come up!

I see! I did checked before making this posts that the cards I offered where not trade locked. Thanks for the information about how this trading goes, I had no idea those chests were worth as currency! 

13 hours ago, Lord_Jaffo said:

Goodmorning everyone. I started to play Pokémon TCGO a few days ago, and I opened some card packs and I got some cards I would like to trade. I will leave the name of the cards here. I am not looking for something specific at the moments because I haven't go that deep into game, but I would like to see what you guys offer for them.

-Charizard GX (looks like the one from Detective Pikachu)

-Cinderace V

-Dawn Wings Necrozma GX

-Entei GX

-Giratina (this one has a prism on the car)

-Glaceon GX

-Malamar VMAX

-Metagross GX (shiny one)

-Palkia GX

-Raichu GX

As I said before I barely have knowledge about this game, but I'm learning more everyday, so please don't offer something that isn't worth for one of this cards :(

Are you looking for packs? I'm not really looking for anything either but if you want packs i can make a deal. Just pm me

• Like 1

12 hours ago, geTpLAyeD said:

Are you looking for packs? I'm not really looking for anything either but if you want packs i can make a deal. Just pm me

Hey! I don't know why but I can't send messages. I still have Shiny Metagross GX, Glaceon GX, the Charizard GX and Palkia GX. If you are interested in any feel free to ask for any of them

10 hours ago, Lord_Jaffo said:

Hey! I don't know why but I can't send messages. I still have Shiny Metagross GX, Glaceon GX, the Charizard GX and Palkia GX. If you are interested in any feel free to ask for any of them

Yeah i tried sending a message, but it doesnt work. Forum rules state i cant send personal info so i guess i cant trade with you yet :(