[GENERAL] "Connection Lost"

HazzeyNight

For the past 2 days since i logged into my account on my friends laptop, when i go to login on my PC it just says Connection Lost, the network connection with the server has been lost.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times now and restarted my WIFI an nothing has fixed, now its not my wifi i have Giga Fiber with ATnT an i live in Houston next to the servers i get 100mb-1Gb up and down.
Please Help ❤️

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format, tag and item prefix included

6 hours ago, HazzeyNight said:

For the past 2 days since i logged into my account on my friends laptop, when i go to login on my PC it just says Connection Lost, the network connection with the server has been lost.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times now and restarted my WIFI an nothing has fixed, now its not my wifi i have Giga Fiber with ATnT an i live in Houston next to the servers i get 100mb-1Gb up and down.
Please Help ❤️

Hello @HazzeyNight

Welcome to the forums! 

I'm sorry to hear you run into the connection issues with the game. 

Please try out the following steps that may help you to resolve the issue you're describing:

* Unplug your modem (and router if you use one) for 1 minute. Plug in modem, then router and reboot your computer.

* If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, try plugging in to your modem with a cable instead.

* In your modem or router settings, open the following 3 ports that the TCGO client needs to make a connection: 8181, 6967, and 39389.

* Note that anti-virus software (or even Windows Defender) could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it; you may need to add TCGO to a "safe programs" list.

* Close any background applications before launching the TCGO (VoIP, Skype, and Bittorrent related programs are especially known to cause issues).

It might help to flush your DNS cache again after troubleshooting the above. Please find instructions to flush DNS cache in Windows 10 below: 1. Right click on the Start Icon. 2. Click on Command Prompt. 3. The Windows Command Prompt Window will appear. Type in: ipconfig /flushdns. and press ENTER. 4. You should receive the following message: Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

If after doing all the above the issue persists, please reach out to the support team. You can open a ticket by clicking the link in my signature, selecting the "PTCGO" option, and then selecting "Contact Us"

On 9/29/2020 at 10:07 PM, HazzeyNight said:

Please Help ❤️

Hello @HazzeyNight,

I am checking in with you to see if you are still having trouble connecting. Did @Mod_GuruLot's suggestions get you up and running?