Players Cup 2 Qaulifiers Leaderboards

Teknogrebo

Simple question, the events are in their own category, so current standings don't appear on the webpage along with the expanded/standard formats. Will this be rectified before the end of the qualifiying period? Half of the fun of this kind of thing is seeing where you and your friends currently stand, so it would be good to make this visible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Teknogrebo said:

Simple question, the events are in their own category, so current standings don't appear on the webpage along with the expanded/standard formats. Will this be rectified before the end of the qualifiying period? Half of the fun of this kind of thing is seeing where you and your friends currently stand, so it would be good to make this visible.

They do show current  standings . Under tournament  rep.  I did events  sat. Placed first but leader boards said zero once special  started  all my rep showed only for the special  events.  Not  reg

Edited by Thegameguard

How do we tell our placement  currently. I first thought  only points earn in the special events  show on leaderboards online. But thats not the case.

On 9/29/2020 at 10:39 AM, Teknogrebo said:

Hello @Teknogrebo

Thank you for your suggestion! 

I'm passing this along to the development team for their consideration. 

39 minutes ago, Thegameguard said:

How do we tell our placement  currently. I first thought  only points earn in the special events  show on leaderboards online. But thats not the case.

Hello @Thegameguard

If this helps, you can only participate in standard tournaments if you have players cup tokens, you need to rank if you want to play.

7 hours ago, Mod_GuruLot said:

Hello @Thegameguard

If this helps, you can only participate in standard tournaments if you have players cup tokens, you need to rank if you want to play.

But u can still  do events  fir standard  and earn tournament rep. So going online and viewing  the leaderboards  will be miss leading

I'm a little confused too. The standard events you enter with 8 tickets are still running.

Are people still earning tournament rep for these? And is the leaderboard only counting the rep we get from players cup events we enter with the keys?

My tournament rep went from 11 to 14 to 19 to 25 to now 33, but since I was at 11 (Monday) I never have played in any more key tournaments. I have played in other tournaments (and won) possibly earning me tournament rep. I wonder if my other tournaments are being added to my key tourney rep? (They SHOULD be separated) I can't help, but wonder what is going on, because technically my rep should still only be at 11, but it continues to go up daily? Doesn't make sense. 

Just wanted to follow up, now I'm oddly at 34. Again I have not played in any key tournaments since Monday. No reason I should have gained yet another point, but I did. There WAS theme tournament I completed earlier today and took 5th place... maybe it gave me a point for that? This shouldn't be happening tho? Points from theme tournaments should not be included with tournament rep points earned from the key tournaments. It does appear like this is happening... 

Checked again today and low and behold another point was added. I'm now at 35. Yet I have not played in any key tournaments since that first day Monday. My points should NOT be increasing. It's definitely adding points from theme tournaments that I been doing, but adding them up in a weird way I can't exactly configure. Because I have won theme tournaments and it isn't "adding them" those winning points right away, but possibly delaying then adding. Meanwhile for every entry seems I'm getting one point? I don't even know? This is odd folks, this is odd. 

Edited by guruguy87
more details

Another daily update on this. Guess where my tournament rep is now? I'm STILL taking a break from the players cup tournaments and have not played since the start on that Monday. I have won in a few THEME tourneys the last few days. My rep has now jumped from 35 to 49!!? This means one thing with absolute certainty: DO NOT RELY ON THE LEADERBOARDS. They are incorrect and are adding other tourney rep that should be separate from the qualifier rep. :( I sure hope this gets fixed soon as it is nice to track yourself against friends and helpful to gage where you stand overall. 

Mod_GuruLot
Do you have any updates from the Development team on separating the qualifying rep from the theme/standard/expanded ticket tournament rep? 

It would be great if we could have the daily pdf of the tournament rep like at the end of the first Player's Cup. I've never been able to see my results on the leaderboard so it was the only way I could keep track.

On 10/5/2020 at 12:01 PM, guruguy87 said:

Another daily update on this. Guess where my tournament rep is now? I'm STILL taking a break from the players cup tournaments and have not played since the start on that Monday. I have won in a few THEME tourneys the last few days. My rep has now jumped from 35 to 49!!? This means one thing with absolute certainty: DO NOT RELY ON THE LEADERBOARDS. They are incorrect and are adding other tourney rep that should be separate from the qualifier rep. :( I sure hope this gets fixed soon as it is nice to track yourself against friends and helpful to gage where you stand overall. 

Mod_GuruLot
Do you have any updates from the Development team on separating the qualifying rep from the theme/standard/expanded ticket tournament rep? 

Hello @guruguy87

Thank you for asking. We are unable to provide information for anything that has not been publicly announced.

Please keep an eye on the official announcements' thread for any news from the development team.  

I figured something out kinda. So my standings show in the overall at 79. My theme tournament rep is at 66. Based on my "overall rep" of 79 I can determine that I'm actually at 13 for the qualifier rep (79overall-66theme=13qualifier) with only a few tournaments, but why this does not show up in a separate spot instead of only in the "overall" at 79 points? Shouldn't the tourney rep be "standard rep", "expanded rep", "theme rep" AND then a beautiful separate stat for "qualifier rep"??? That way people can quickly get their actual placing would be without needing to subtract their overall from any other standard/expanded/theme rep like I did.

This system of tracking is harder than a simple "qualifier rep" tally. At least I figured out where I'm at and how to configure/subtract this for the future when I start playing more qualifying tournaments. Hopefully this can help others figure theirs out too. Just need do some math/digging and subtract any other rep earned from the overall rep. 

"The Pokémon TCG portion of the Pokémon Players Cup II will use the rankings from the Pokémon TCG Online Standard format Tournament Rep leaderboard for the month of October."

Then it goes to say, "Note: Standard format tournaments that require Event Tickets for entry will not award Tournament Rep points during the Pokémon Players Cup II qualification period."

So apparently all "standard rep" is actually the qualifier rep? Is that essentially what I'm reading? If that is the case why on earth am I not finding my username anywhere within the standard rep leaderboard? Guess this will just remain confusing. I'm going to send a support message to pokemon. Is anyone easily figuring this out?