GrewupGeek

What Generation are You?

GrewupGeek

Hey, out of curiosity, what Pokemon Generation are you?  As in, when you started to get into Pokemon, whether through the games, the cards, the anime, what generation did you start off in?  And is there anything from that generation that you would like to see make a comeback for Pokemon 25?

As for me, I started off with Generation I, with Pokemon Red, mainly due to Charizard looking like one mean dragon, and my starter was bulbasaur.  As for what I would like to see make a comeback next year, there would be a lot of things I would like to see return.

GrimBeard

Although I have only recently started playing myself this year, I can remember helping my younger brother collect the first wave of cards released in the UK (1999 yes I had to Google it). I remember vividly how happy they made him and how proud (?) he was of his collection. If I remember correctly he was only a few cards short of the full collection.

Mod_Jynthu

Hi GrewupGeek,

Great question! I am pretty sure that I was introduced to Pokémon through my younger brother in 1999 with the physical cards and also the anime. I think I may possibly have had one of the games on a Game Boy too. 

Like GrimBeard, I have some pretty fond memories of Pokémon in relation to my brother and our childhood together!

Mod_Alder

Hello GrewupGeek, 

I got my start playing Gen1 Pokémon Blue and then switched to red if I remember correctly. Pokémon got me to sell my Sega Game Gear to buy a Gameboy. I was late on the Pokémon anime getting into it a year later in 2000 I think. 

Kostyurik

I watched Pokemon anime since the first episode, but my first games were Generation III - Fire Red and Emerald. First time I've played Pokemon TCG it  was HG&SS expansion, but I was fully hooked when BW expansion came out and it contained Full-Arts of Reshiram and Zekrom. I've always thought Pokemon cards had boring layout, and now I could feel excited opening the booster because I have a chance to pull some truly beautiful card.

I don't really know what I want on Pokemon 25 anniversary, I'm happy as it is now. Maybe new Dragon type cards? That would be cool!