Pokemon novice looking for grass deck help please.

Timble2695

Here is my current deck I have been using with mixed results...

Leavanny line(leaf tailor) 2-2-1

Serperior line(both the Royal Heal and BW regular one) 3-2-2

Sunflora line 3-2

2 Virizons (1 NV and 1 EP version)

1 Cleffa

Tangrowth line 3-2

Trainers....4 item cards( 2 evoilite's and 2 rocky helms), 2 full heals, 2 pokemon com's, 2 heal potions, 3 super rod's, and 2 switch cards.

Supporters....1 N card, 2 Interviewr's Question cards, 1 Prof Elm, and 2 Prof Oak's cards.

....and 14 basic grass energy.

It work's pretty good overall, but I tend to lose unless I can get a Sunflora out within the first 3 turns or so. Fire is always problematic unless I get Leavanny out very early, but that's typical I imagine;>

I have a number of good mid level fast evolving stage 1 options I could add....but nothing more fancy "red abilty" type cards;> I do have a Druggigon I could add for a high end basic that could be pesky, but I always feel it's hard to get energy on him unless I can trade for a double energy or 2;>

Thanks for any advice....I am still learning the game a bit, but am having lot's of fun....take care.

Timble

Sure is a fun game isn't it.

Here are my suggestions.

take out

3 tangela

2 tangrowth

2 full heal

1 super rod

put in

1 more basic pokemon

2 switch(with the healing abillity, alternating attacking pokemon is key)

2 pokemon communication

1 rocky helmet

1 charen/bianca

1 pokemon collector

One more thing, elovite is currently a bit buggy

so replace them for now(unless it's working for you)

take care.

Flying

You should add these 4 cards to you deck to make a lot easy for you to win.

ADD

2 more Prof Elm

1 charen and

1 bianca

remove

1 N card

1 cleffa

2 super rod's

to make it a 60 card deck still

Here is my current deck I have been using with mixed results...

Leavanny line(leaf tailor) 2-2-1

Serperior line(both the Royal Heal and BW regular one) 3-2-2

Sunflora line 3-2

2 Virizons (1 NV and 1 EP version)

1 Cleffa

Tangrowth line 3-2

Trainers....4 item cards( 2 evoilite's and 2 rocky helms), 2 full heals, 2 pokemon com's, 2 heal potions, 3 super rod's, and 2 switch cards.

Supporters....1 N card, 2 Interviewr's Question cards, 1 Prof Elm, and 2 Prof Oak's cards.

....and 14 basic grass energy.

It work's pretty good overall, but I tend to lose unless I can get a Sunflora out within the first 3 turns or so. Fire is always problematic unless I get Leavanny out very early, but that's typical I imagine;>

I have a number of good mid level fast evolving stage 1 options I could add....but nothing more fancy "red abilty" type cards;> I do have a Druggigon I could add for a high end basic that could be pesky, but I always feel it's hard to get energy on him unless I can trade for a double energy or 2;>

Thanks for any advice....I am still learning the game a bit, but am having lot's of fun....take care.

Timble

Hi! I am just assuming this is for regular play, not competively. Here are my suggestions and why:

Have the Sunflora line be 4-4, allowing for quick play grass pokemon using the Sunflora ability.

DON'T PUT DRUDDIGON IN!!! The reason why is because it does not help you in any way. 1.) It cannot utilize Leavanny's ability. 2.) It does not help your general scheme.

I agree with dalee with the idea of having a Lilligant, but that would probably replace your Leavanny. (So either you get: No weakness or healing from Lilligant and Serperior. Your choice to make. Personally, I'd go the Lilligant root: easier setup and quick energies. Now, you also again have a choice. Either BW Lilligant (which allows for healing 20 per turn and quick damage, but you have to have 2 energies on it) or NV Lilligant (quick healing (1 per turn) and only 1 cost. In addition, it's second attack allows for switching out.).

Okay, on to your trainers:

What you need is:

4x Rocky Helms (no need for eviolites since you are going to be evolving anyway)

4x Full heals (Your deck is a healing deck, and so this will certainly help cut down on losing HP)

4x Potions (If possible, get Max Potions, but if you can't, then potions will suffice.)

*2x Energy Retrievals (*Only put in if you use Max Potions)

*2x Super Rods (Only put in if you use potions. This allows for getting pokemon possibly discarded by Durants or getting energies from fainted pokemon)

4x Interviewer's Questions

2x PETM (This is mostly for when you need something but don't have Sunflora. Sort of a "back-up")

These are just my suggestions. Whatever works for you, works for you. (Like, don't change Leavanny for Lilligant, just because I said "I personally would choose it.") Anyway, those are my suggestions. Sorry for it being so long...

Archived