cosmic97

should I organise my cards by

1. by year 
  2. by expansion or
  3. by rarity? 

Loof6

I sorted my cards by size.

NerdsNextDoor

i sort mine by set. that way you can use the book that comes with the elite trainer boxes to check off which cards you have and which cards you need.

Mod_Jynthu
On 9/25/2020 at 12:38 PM, cosmic97 said:

should I organise my cards by

1. by year 
  2. by expansion or
  3. by rarity? 

Hello cosmic97,

I think this is a great question! I think the method organizing a collection heavily depends on your purpose behind the organization. What do you want to be able to find most easily? What is your goal behind your collection? Do you want every card from every set, or do you want to collect cards to build awesome decks? There are so many variables!

Good luck!

Uuuhhh123

I sort mine by type. Just preferance. 

Kek01

There are so many ways to organize your cards, and one thing you have to take into account is your overall collection. Some people try to complete each set, using binders and sleeved protectors in them and organizing them from the first card in the set to the last, plus any secret rares you may have.

If you are like me and have cards from multiple sets but no fully completed ones, I have a card organizer box in which I first sort by rarity, non-holos in one compartment where they are then sorted by set (from earlier to latest). One for reverse holos where again, sorted by set and rarity. Then the regular holos sorted by set and rarity, and finally another compartment for GX/Tag-Team GX/V/VMAX/other secret rares. Lastly I have a display for my most prized cards, such as my base set Venusaur holo.