In-game shop is dissapointing. To say the least

Kostyurik

Back in the days, when I just started playing Pokemon Trading Card Game Online, in-game shop had weekly rotated bundles containing hard-to-get promos and coins, sleeves, deckboxes... Some of those bundles were the only way to get older (HG&SS era) packs and theme decks. So, I was excited and happy, when I read on this forum a wonderful news: all of the old booster packs and theme decks will be available for purchase in the shop.

But all those great bundles were permanently removed, new sleeves and deckboxes weren't added in the shop in ages (it still contains only three sleeves and three deckboxes with Kanto starters) and... well, generally in-game shop became a very bland and empty copy of the old self.

And it doesn't even have ALL the possible booster packs and theme decks available for purchase. "Dragon's Vault", "Double Crisis", "Generations", "Shining Legends", "Dragon Majesty", "Detective Pikachu", "Hidden Fates" and now "Champion's Path" hidden behind the paywall, never been available to purchase straight from the in-game shop. People supposed to be happy when new set came out, but if it is a mini-set - I just dissapointed because game client will try to update, update will not happen properly, I must uninstall the game client, reinstall the game client and doesn't even have a chance to try new cards.

All of the World Championships Decks have the same treatment. Despite being Theme Decks, they were never available in the shop.

I understand - all those boosters and decks supposed to be very rare and luxury items, but why they should be completely unavailable to the online players' base, who isn't playing TCG in real life? Make these boosters cost 400 coins instead of 200, make World Championships Deck costs 1200 coins instead of 600 and it would be reasonable, and gamers will have a new goals to farm enough coins.

I can't even get in my collection so-called "Online Exclusive Theme Decks" - Basic Red, Basic Yellow, Basic Green, Basic Blue and Power Relay (I understand they are unplayable now, but purchasing them in shop just for collection would be neat). 
Many people says Pokemon Trading Card Game Online is hugely outdated and in desperate need of complete revamp. I personally don't think it needed or even can be done. But I need something good and interesting to happen to the shop, and it seems reasonable for me.

Edited by Kostyurik
  • Upvote 7

I agree since they rotating packs out of standard and expanded every year most of the current packs in the store is useless so why not just have all packs available or just remove all the ones u can’t use from the store and they need to add more deck items and sleeves 

• Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Kostyurik said:

Back in the days, when I just started playing Pokemon Trading Card Game Online, in-game shop had weekly rotated bundles containing hard-to-get promos and coins, sleeves, deckboxes... Some of those bundles were the only way to get older (HG&SS era) packs and theme decks. So, I was excited and happy, when I read on this forum a wonderful news: all of the old booster packs and theme decks will be available for purchase in the shop.

But all those great bundles were permanently removed, new sleeves and deckboxes weren't added in the shop in ages (it still contains only three sleeves and three deckboxes with Kanto starters) and... well, generally in-game shop became a very bland and empty copy of the old self.

And it doesn't even have ALL the possible booster packs and theme decks available for purchase. "Dragon's Vault", "Double Crisis", "Generations", "Shining Legends", "Dragon Majesty", "Detective Pikachu", "Hidden Fates" and now "Champion's Path" hidden behind the paywall, never been available to purchase straight from the in-game shop. People supposed to be happy when new set came out, but if it is a mini-set - I just dissapointed because game client will try to update, update will not happen properly, I must uninstall the game client, reinstall the game client and doesn't even have a chance to try new cards.

All of the World Championships Decks have the same treatment. Despite being Theme Decks, they were never available in the shop.

I understand - all those boosters and decks supposed to be very rare and luxury items, but why they should be completely unavailable to the online players' base, who isn't playing TCG in real life? Make these boosters cost 400 coins instead of 200, make World Championships Deck costs 1200 coins instead of 600 and it would be reasonable, and gamers will have a new goals to farm enough coins.

I can't even get in my collection so-called "Online Exclusive Theme Decks" - Basic Red, Basic Yellow, Basic Green, Basic Blue and Power Relay (I understand they are unplayable now, but purchasing them in shop just for collection would be neat). 
Many people says Pokemon Trading Card Game Online is hugely outdated and in desperate need of complete revamp. I personally don't think it needed or even can be done. But I need something good and interesting to happen to the shop, and it seems reasonable for me.

Hello @Kostyurik

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with the forum. 

I've passed it along to the development team for further review. 

• 4 weeks later...

I recently went to open it up in my browser and found an an ad for the mobile version. Well no problem, right? Just get it on my phone and play it on the bus and whatnot? Nope. Contrary to what I remember from last time I played, you now need an internet connection to play this game. I don't like to spend a lot of money on mobile data, so I rarely have much available. 

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
it is against the rules to post links to websites other than official Pokémon sites
  • Downvote 5

On 10/16/2020 at 12:22 AM, belbasor said:

I recently went to open it up in my browser and found an an ad for the mobile version. Well no problem, right? Just get it on my phone and play it on the bus and whatnot? Nope. Contrary to what I remember from last time I played, you now need an internet connection to play this game. I don't like to spend a lot of money on mobile data, so I rarely have much available. 

Hello @belbasor

Thank you for your feedback! 

You're right here, a good internet connection is necessary to play this game. 

The game was originally designed for a robust (Wi-Fi or wired) data connection and has not been optimized for use over a limited cellular connection that players on a smartphone could get.

On 10/15/2020 at 5:22 PM, belbasor said:

The game has always required an internet connection to play.  I also don't believe there is an official version for cell phones.  There is an Android and an iOS version, but they are for larger devices, like tablets.  There are unofficial ways to get the program running on your cell phone, but they're just that: unofficial.  They also don't "fix" all the problems that arise from trying to use a program that assumes you're playing it on a much larger screen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/16/2020 at 3:22 AM, belbasor said:

Otakuron is right, this game has always required an internet connection. It was made in 2011 as online game you can play in your browser, later it has evolved to have downloadable client in 2012, but still only work if you are online.

Maybe you thought of Pokemon Play It version 2, it was a similar (based on Pokemon Trading Card Game) game for Windows, which was made back in the 2000. It doesn't require internet connection to play, but it is severely much limited in everything from graphics to available cards.

But... How on Earth does your comment even related to my topic? You could wrote it anywhere across this forum, and you somehow picked mine completely unrelated topic to do that. Incredible!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Kostyurik said:

But... How on Earth does your comment even related to my topic? You could wrote it anywhere across this forum, and you somehow picked mine completely unrelated topic to do that. Incredible!

I thought it was a separate thread.  Could be my memory playing tricks on me, or maybe the thread was merged into this one ?  Though I'm not sure why that would be the case...

Edited by Otakutron
  • Upvote 2