Possible bug, (30+90 attack) expanded. Or is it?

guruguy87

I was just in an expanded game matched up against a rogue metal deck that had main attackers as scizor with the "Raid" attack that does 30+90 more if it evolved from scyther that turn and they also had the bisharp from team up that has the attack single lunge which does 30 base, but plus 90 if there are no damage counters on it. There was never an ADP and never any professor kukui played or any other damage modifiers (no muscle belt, no dojo, no giovanni scheme, etc.) to add any extra damage, but the attack continued to hit 140 instead of hitting basic math of 30+90 = 120.  This is a bad bug? (but I'm ready for all the defenders to come out and argue in some way that this didn't happen, blah blah, oinka boinka, etc. etc) I should have copied the game logs if that would help?

All I know is game testers should be easily be able to duplicate this bug. It was in expanded so just use the exact same pokemon in expanded. It definitely costed me the game because one of my main attacking pokemon I was using had 130 HP and there I am smiling anticipating 120 damage hit and survive, but suddenly I get hit for 140 damage making zero sense and making me beyond flabbergasted. There was no muscle band attached, no other damage modifiers in any way. Toward final few turns I verified yet again by looking in the discard pile and nothing to modify damage was in there. Also there was no support pokemon in the field of play to add damage... hooooollld on... um... 

A huge tesla coil light-bulb has just lit up my entire soul. Yes there was support pokemon help. I almost knocked it out it early on, but it retreated and was on the bench the rest of game! It's name was galarian perserker adding exactly 20 more damage. Guess I'm a still a rookie noob sometimes. Uffda. LOL. In my defense I haven't played against a perserker in at least 200 maybe even 250 matches so it's been a long long while. Enjoy a giggle at this one folks, because I'm keeping it up so y'all the read the way my mind pieces stuff together often jumping to conclusions too quickly in the assumption I'm right. (Which yup you have seen before with me sometimes, for sure) At least I'm aware? #NotPerfect #Yikes #AlwaysLearning. Maybe others can use this information next time they think something isn't right with extra damage and I do recon this deck I saw played could be an interesting popular rogue deck hitting 160 for a single energy if you add in muscle bands... (good enough to two shot tag teams and most Vmax) I wonder if it can work in standard too with vitality band or just setup 2 of those perserkers on bench to get to 170 (120+vitality band, 20+20) all for a single energy! Speedy attackers in today's pokemon game are indeed very important. 

Mods can delete or remove if they want. :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Please don't take this the wrong way, @guruguy87 but I hope that becomes your most up-voted comment. ;)  It is good to be able to admit when you're wrong, and in this case, you gave a valuable example of how easy it is to miss something.  Plus, you were on the right track in the beginning as well, had there not been a simple explanation.