Sign in to follow this  
Ash101416744

Spiritomb Deck I used in a Tournament

Ash101416744

So for a while now I've been in a league doing standard tournaments weekly. I thought it would be fun to share my experiences. It's swiss pairings and best of three format with a 50 minute time limit. 

Round 1: Bye 

There were only five competitors.

Round 2: 2-0 vs Centiscorch

The first match was really close. I won by using boss's orders on a dedenne gx that was on the bench. The second match wasnt nearly as close. My opponent had to a start a dedenne in the active and had to discard the hand with professors research which included a welder and boss's orders.

Round 3: 2-0 vs Baby Blowns

I don't know why my opponent was playing this. I won pretty easily.

Results: I got second place. Out of the 29 players in the league, I'm now ranked 7th, before I was 14th.

Here's the Decklist:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 2 **********igzagoon SSH 117
* 2 Hoopa DAA 111
* 4 Spiritomb UNB 112
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99
* 2 Jynx UNM 76

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 4 Spikemuth DAA 170
* 2 Marnie SSH 169
* 4 Cape of Toughness DAA 160
* 4 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 4 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 4 Bird Keeper DAA 159
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 4 Switch SSH 183
* 3 Great Ball SSH 164

##Energy - 7

* 3 Darkness Energy SMEnergy 16
* 4 Hiding {D} Energy DAA 175

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

It runs pretty well.

Edited by Ash101416744

ellomello044208

That's a cool deck! The only things I would consider changing are adding in 1 Hoopa UNM, he's a solid attacker and a good finisher, not worth cutting a Hoopa DAA for, but good to have, and running a copy of Familiar Bell instead of a Pokemon Communication, it sounds strange, but there's a lot of instances where it's quite helpful, especially in the mid/late game.

• Upvote 1

Ash101416744
15 minutes ago, ellomello044208 said:

That's a cool deck! The only things I would consider changing are adding in 1 Hoopa UNM, he's a solid attacker and a good finisher, not worth cutting a Hoopa DAA for, but good to have, and running a copy of Familiar Bell instead of a Pokemon Communication, it sounds strange, but there's a lot of instances where it's quite helpful, especially in the mid/late game.

What should I cut for 1 Hoopa UNM then ? That's actually a brilliant idea to run a copy of Familiar Bell. Thanks!

ellomello044208

Cutting 1 Pokémon Communication or Great Ball for a Hoopa UNM would probably be the best choice. 

Sign in to follow this