Items from discard pile

SteelFox1

There are quite a few options, at least in Expanded. Some of the best methods in Expanded are using Sableye with Junk Hunt to get back 2 Item cards from the discard or Florges FLI for its Wondrous Gift ability which can put an Item card from your discard on top of your deck. Herdier SUM is also an option, when you evolve him from Lillipup, you may return an Item card from your discard pile to your hand. In Standard, your options are more limited, some attacks like that of Galvantula TEU will return cards from your discard to your hand but non-attack options are limited to Munchlax and Molyane as far as I can recall. 

• Upvote 1

Other Expanded options are Oranguru UPR, one of the most famous resource recovery cards in recent history, Lillipup BW, which has made itself known in Shock Lock decks as well as some more rouge options like Trubbish NVI, Drilbur CEC and Excadrill UNM. There are probably more out there that could be used but I think ellomello and myself covered the majority.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Raticate555

I use dowsing machine in expended, which makes you discard 2 cards and get any trainers from your discard pile straight to your hand (without revealing to your opponent). It's a bit expensive though.