[GAMEPLAY] Not able to see initial mulligans before choosing active pokemon

BukWyrm

So... my opponent and I both required multiple mulligans before being able to get a basic in hand... I required 2, he required 3, after we did our first two mulligans, game showed that he still hasn't gotten a basic, and I got one, but I didn't get to see his first two mulligans before picking which pokemon to put into the active, I thought since the first two mulligans on both sides were blanks (no basics) the contents of both mulligans would become public knowledge and I should be able to see the first two mulligans to decide which basic pokemon to put into the active, which would affect my choice based on matchup... instead, I got to see all three of his/her mulligans after I put my basic pokemon into the active, depriving me of public knowledge, and affecting my choice. I didn't save a match log and can go test with a friend for a log if necessary, but its easy to replicate by building 1 basic pokemon decks (59 energy) and vs-ing another one of those decks. I hope this can be fixed before another major tournament (slanted eyes towards Players' Exclusive to non-SEA Cup) starts, especially if the said tournament gives entry to WCS.

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format.
  • Upvote 1

Hi @BukWyrm,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I'd be happy to pass your feedback along, so that it can be investigated further. If you do run into this issue again, saving a game log would help us to better investigate this issue and find what might be causing the problem. 

I've run into this issue as well. (though I must confess, not in the past week or so, it hasn't come up) It makes a huge difference when deciding which pokemon to place Active, (assuming you have a meaningful choice, of course) as you want to know whether it'll be an asset (e.g. Bide Barricade against donk) or liability (e.g. Bide Barricade against Necrozma).

Expected Action: If I take N>0 mulligans, and my opponent takes M mulligans (M>N), I should see the first N mulligans before placing my Active. Then, after placing my Pokemon, I should see the remaining mulligans.

Actual Action: I don't see any mulligans before placing my Active, instead I only see them after my opponent draws a basic.

Edited by IceBeamTogetic
arithmetic notation was censored?

11 hours ago, IceBeamTogetic said:

I've run into this issue as well. (though I must confess, not in the past week or so, it hasn't come up) It makes a huge difference when deciding which pokemon to place Active, (assuming you have a meaningful choice, of course) as you want to know whether it'll be an asset (e.g. Bide Barricade against donk) or liability (e.g. Bide Barricade against Necrozma).

Expected Action: If I take N>0 mulligans, and my opponent takes M mulligans (M>N), I should see the first N mulligans before placing my Active. Then, after placing my Pokemon, I should see the remaining mulligans.

Actual Action: I don't see any mulligans before placing my Active, instead I only see them after my opponent draws a basic.

Hello @IceBeamTogetic

Thank you for letting us know!

Did you by chance save a game log for this scenario at all? 

If so, please update this topic with a full game log so that this can be reviewed.