Royal Guard

Zephyrixon

This is the worst deck I've tried in Trainer Challenge.

For those who don't know, let me recap the starting cards:

7 non-evolving basics that do maximum 10 damage. 3 non-evolving basics that do no damage. 5 non-evolving basics that require 2 energies to potentially do no damage. The Nidoking line is fragile and ineffective unless you somehow manage to actually play Nidoking. The Machoke line is relatively useful but elusive. The trainers don't help the deck move any faster. It probably gets better with the unlocks, but it's an absolute challenge trying win with it.

What do you all think the worst deck you've played in the Trainer Challenge is? :P

The unlock system definitely needs an improvement. The free starters started out fine (and surprisingly also the BW Trainer Kit), but the ones you buy (except the Trainer Kit obv) start out even 10x as weak as Zach's Colorless deck, which is just pathetic.

Set the AI at Easy and just click through it all to speed things up, concede when the situation looks hopeless and try again. That's the best thing you can do. Eventually you get enough extra cards to finally have a decent deck (Royal Guard and Verdant Frost have several unlocks that are 2 at a time).

Anyway, no idea which deck without unlocked cards I thought were weakest. Definitely either Royal Guard or Verdant Frost though because they miss more cards than other decks! Once fully unlocked, however, the BW Trainer Kit is the weakest (34 Pokemon, 4-2-1 lines, lowest amount of Trainers ever...).

I honestly have more trouble with Nightfall when it starts. Royal Guard fully unlocked deck is pretty good so you know it will eventually be good. I have Nightfall fully unlocked I still think it is pretty weak... Yeah, Black and White trainer kit deck is the worst physical deck. The real deck came as the pre-unlocked stage so if you actually unlocked the whole deck online it is stronger than the real deck you buy in store.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived