[GENERAL] Cant get online

Max_Pallet

Ive been trying to get onto PTCGO on my laptop for a day or 2 now and i have not been able to get on. Every time i try logging in i get stuck at 90% and it never goes higher(once i got to 100% but it stopped there and i never got into the game). ive tried everything, closing and opening ptcgo, turning my wifi off and on, uninstalling and reinstalling ptcgo, restarting my laptop, ive tried everything imaginable. if anyone could help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format, item prefix included

On 9/6/2020 at 6:40 PM, Max_Pallet said:

Ive been trying to get onto PTCGO on my laptop for a day or 2 now and i have not been able to get on. Every time i try logging in i get stuck at 90% and it never goes higher(once i got to 100% but it stopped there and i never got into the game). ive tried everything, closing and opening ptcgo, turning my wifi off and on, uninstalling and reinstalling ptcgo, restarting my laptop, ive tried everything imaginable. if anyone could help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @Max_Pallet

If you have not tried this out yet, please uninstall and reinstall the game. This may help to resolve the issue. 

For the instructions on a full re-installation of the TCGO Windows Client, please follow this link

After uninstalling, simply download and install the game from the official download page where you can also check on minimum requirements for the Windows client. 

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, Mod_GuruLot said:

Hello @Max_Pallet

If you have not tried this out yet, please uninstall and reinstall the game. This may help to resolve the issue. 

For the instructions on a full re-installation of the TCGO Windows Client, please follow this link

After uninstalling, simply download and install the game from the official download page where you can also check on minimum requirements for the Windows client. 

Hope this helps!

Hello @Mod_GuruLot, I did what you suggested, i cleaned up all the extra files for ptcgo and uninstalled ptcgo, but im still stuck at 90% . I honestly think i need to try to get a new laptop, but im still trying to get on with my current one. If you have any other suggestions that could help me out that would be awesome. If you need a run down to know what im trying to run on and all since i realized i wasnt exactly specific at first, I am playing on a Dell laptop, and I have been stuck on the data loading screen on 90% for a few days. A few friends do say it says im online, yet im stuck on the loading screen. I have tried multiple things to try to fix this like restarting my laptop, resetting my router just in case if it was my WIFI, ive tried turning my WIFI on my laptop off and on, Ive tried closing and opening PTCGO, Ive tried what you have suggested and uninstalling and reinstalling the application, and have had no success. any suggestions made will be very helpful for me. Thanks again for the help!

16 hours ago, Max_Pallet said:

Hello @Mod_GuruLot, I did what you suggested, i cleaned up all the extra files for ptcgo and uninstalled ptcgo, but im still stuck at 90% . I honestly think i need to try to get a new laptop, but im still trying to get on with my current one. If you have any other suggestions that could help me out that would be awesome. If you need a run down to know what im trying to run on and all since i realized i wasnt exactly specific at first, I am playing on a Dell laptop, and I have been stuck on the data loading screen on 90% for a few days. A few friends do say it says im online, yet im stuck on the loading screen. I have tried multiple things to try to fix this like restarting my laptop, resetting my router just in case if it was my WIFI, ive tried turning my WIFI on my laptop off and on, Ive tried closing and opening PTCGO, Ive tried what you have suggested and uninstalling and reinstalling the application, and have had no success. any suggestions made will be very helpful for me. Thanks again for the help!

Hello @Max_Pallet

Thank you for the update. 

I would suggest trying the following:

* Unplug your modem (and router if you use one) for 1 minute. Plug in modem, then router and reboot your computer.

* If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, try plugging in to your modem with a cable instead.

* In your modem or router settings, open the following 3 ports that the TCGO client needs to make a connection: 8181, 6967, and 39389.

* Note that anti-virus software (or even Windows Defender) could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it; you may need to add TCGO to a "safe programs" list.

* Close any background applications before launching the TCGO (VoIP, Skype, and Bittorrent related programs are especially known to cause issues).

It might help to flush your DNS cache again after troubleshooting the above. Please find instructions to flush DNS cache in Windows 10 below: 1. Right click on the Start Icon. 2. Click on Command Prompt. 3. The Windows Command Prompt Window will appear. Type in: ipconfig /flushdns. and press ENTER. 4. You should receive the following message: Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

If your device meets minimum requirements that you can check here on but the issue persists, please reach out to our support team for further assistance. 

After signing in, please select the "PTCGO" option, and then tap "Contact Us".

17 minutes ago, Max_Pallet said:

I still need to do that, planning on trying to do it today, just have been very busy with school

No worries! Thanks for the update!

2 hours ago, Mod_RedDragon said:

No worries! Thanks for the update!

Hello @Mod_RedDragon

I was wondering if you or @Mod_GuruLotwould be able to inform me where i would be able to access my modem/router settings. I never had to do this before so I don't exactly know how to access this. Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Max_Pallet said:

Hello @Mod_RedDragon

I was wondering if you or @Mod_GuruLotwould be able to inform me where i would be able to access my modem/router settings. I never had to do this before so I don't exactly know how to access this. Thanks!

Hello @Max_Pallet,

You usually need to log into your router. This can be done by typing the IP address into a web browser. If you are not sure of the IP address, you can type "cmd" into the search bar on the task bar (if you are on Windows). In the command window, simply type "ipconfig" and hit enter. You will need to scroll down and locate the IP next to the "Default Gateway". You then toss that IP address into a web browser and hit enter. You will more than likely need the username and password to log in. If you have never changed/setup these credentials, you may be able to look for the default credentials on the internet by searching the model of your device. If you run into any issues accessing this information, definitely reach out to your ISP for additional assistance. If you continue to experience issues connecting, please reach out to our support team so they can look into this further with you. Hope that helps!

2 hours ago, Mod_RedDragon said:

Hello @Max_Pallet,

You usually need to log into your router. This can be done by typing the IP address into a web browser. If you are not sure of the IP address, you can type "cmd" into the search bar on the task bar (if you are on Windows). In the command window, simply type "ipconfig" and hit enter. You will need to scroll down and locate the IP next to the "Default Gateway". You then toss that IP address into a web browser and hit enter. You will more than likely need the username and password to log in. If you have never changed/setup these credentials, you may be able to look for the default credentials on the internet by searching the model of your device. If you run into any issues accessing this information, definitely reach out to your ISP for additional assistance. If you continue to experience issues connecting, please reach out to our support team so they can look into this further with you. Hope that helps!

Hello @Mod_RedDragon

It appears I have resolved the issue. Thank you and @Mod_GuruLotfor the assistance, a friend helped me out with the instructions given and we found i didn't clear out every single ptcgo file. Again thank yall so much, and have a blessed night/day.

On 9/11/2020 at 9:13 PM, Max_Pallet said:

Hello @Mod_RedDragon

It appears I have resolved the issue. Thank you and @Mod_GuruLotfor the assistance, a friend helped me out with the instructions given and we found i didn't clear out every single ptcgo file. Again thank yall so much, and have a blessed night/day.

I am glad to hear you are up and running again!