Anyone know why Inteleon VMAX has tripled in price recently?

Karmasting

I was on the trader boards and saw tons of offers for Inteleon VMAX.  It seems like a month or so ago they were going for around 4-5 and now it's 12 and up.    Is there a new Inteleon meta deck that's doing well?  

7 hours ago, Karmasting said:

I was on the trader boards and saw tons of offers for Inteleon VMAX.  It seems like a month or so ago they were going for around 4-5 and now it's 12 and up.    Is there a new Inteleon meta deck that's doing well?  

Absolutely. I've run up against SEVERAL Int VMAX decks and it's a total beast. I've had trouble with it with both my Eternatus VMAX deck and my Mad Party Deck.

Hydro Snipe is really where it's at in terms of keeping Eternatus at bay (basically impossible to load up a secondary Pokemon) and if you play with Spiritomb Max Bullet one shots it.

Edited by XBMYosho

Several popular content creators also recently posted videos about the deck, though I'm not sure if it was in response to the hype or the source of it.

First it was spiked with a 100 Inteleon Vmax for pokebeach on pubs. Everyone was collecting them like mad, then i think Andrew Mahone showcased an Inteleon hydro snipe deck which is actually very powerful with energy denial, that further boosted its price, then people realized Pikarom its biggest threat is no longer as viable as it used to be. Then further next set Nessa trainer comes out to boost power to water decks. Inteleon Vmax has a very bright future unless something comes it to counter it. That's why the price as it is.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!  I have not seen too much of Inteleon in Expanded.  When I saw the price jump I did wonder if Mahone had covered an Inteleon Deck.  Everytime he showcases a deck the prices jump!  

Side note

Right after I posted this question I logged on and opened two S&S  packs - Bang! - 1st pack -  Inteleon VMAX.    Went back after a few games and opened two more - 2nd Pack Inteleon VMAX.  Guess I'll build a deck