Problem With The HGSS Undaunted+ Theme Deck Labels

l00n4t1c

The theme decks from the HS Undaunted, HS Triumphant, and Call of Legends series have a label on the box that says "Includes bonus booster!". I'm aware that the physical variants of these theme decks did include a bonus booster pack inside of them, however their online counterpart does not include an additional booster pack. I feel like this is possibly misleading for some newer/unaware players as it clearly states there's supposedly an "extra booster pack" when you purchase the deck (from the online store) when in reality there is no extra pack. From my observations, I haven't seen anywhere about a possible disclaimer or note saying that the theme deck does not come with an additional booster pack.

That being said, I feel like there should either be:

• a warning before purchasing one of these theme decks,
  • the "bonus booster" label removed, or
  •  the additional booster pack given to the player when they buy one of the corresponding theme decks.

I agree. I actually bought one just to test, and was a little disappointed when there was no pack. HS packs are pretty good too, since they contain older versions of trainers.

Edited by PrPopcorn

yeah, I bought the hgss one with pokecom when unified minds came, and it wasent too big of a disappointment, as i was getting a meta staple, but still.

On 8/28/2020 at 7:46 PM, l00n4t1c said:

The theme decks from the HS Undaunted, HS Triumphant, and Call of Legends series have a label on the box that says "Includes bonus booster!". I'm aware that the physical variants of these theme decks did include a bonus booster pack inside of them, however their online counterpart does not include an additional booster pack. I feel like this is possibly misleading for some newer/unaware players as it clearly states there's supposedly an "extra booster pack" when you purchase the deck (from the online store) when in reality there is no extra pack. From my observations, I haven't seen anywhere about a possible disclaimer or note saying that the theme deck does not come with an additional booster pack.

That being said, I feel like there should either be:

• a warning before purchasing one of these theme decks,
  • the "bonus booster" label removed, or
  •  the additional booster pack given to the player when they buy one of the corresponding theme decks.

Hello @l00n4t1c

We welcome you to the forum! :) 

Thank you for taking the time to provide your opinion on the forum in regard to these Theme Decks. 

I'm passing this along for further review.