ADP needs to be removed or nerfed.

XBMYosho

I have literally played 20 games this morning and I have won 1. A single game out of 20.

I have fought a ratio of 50% ADP and the rest were a mix of Mad Party and Decidueye.

How on earth can you make a card that is so busted and then the weakness is no longer viable?

The ranking system in this game is horrific and that card specifically is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I'm sorry that like some others (*cough* @guruguy87 *cough*), you've had such a terrible experience with the card. It's understandable to be upset over the unfairness of the card, the GX attack is way out of control, especially paired with a Pokemon with a game-changing amount of HP and a solid normal attack.While ADP may not seem to have a counter-able Weakness, there are still Pokemon that will be around after rotation that can hit ADP for Weakness for the OHKO, take Clefable UNB for instance. However, these Pokemon aren't tech cards that you can easily slide into a deck, and that's frustrating to think about. Many top decks do have ways to counter ADP, but most of these methods involve out-speeding the deck, OHKOing ADP, or locking them out of the game, things that aren't that achievable if your entire deck isn't built around it. That's why, I tend to stay away from Standard for most of the time, unless I've found an awesome combo that I believe can stand up to the big, bad ADP. In Expanded, although ADP is still a deck, it's a lot less common, and if you do encounter it, you have Pokemon Ranger as a 1 card answer. Currently, the only decks I've been playing in Standard are Lost March, Cottonee beats up ADP pretty well, and Obstagoon because ADP decks just don't have an answer to Obstagoon, unless they're running ADP with Decidueye or something wackier like that. With that said, both of these decks have some means of countering ADP, and the methods that they use to do so aren't easy to fit into an already constructed deck. However, depending on what deck you're playing, we here on Forums can probably figure out a way to make the ADP matchup a lot easier, though it might require a decent amount of your deck space. But if you run into ADP half of the matches you're in, it'll probably help.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, XBMYosho said:

I have literally played 20 games this morning and I have won 1. A single game out of 20.

I have fought a ratio of 50% ADP and the rest were a mix of Mad Party and Decidueye.

How on earth can you make a card that is so busted and then the weakness is no longer viable?

The ranking system in this game is horrific and that card specifically is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life.

I know it sucks, especially if you wanna play single prize decks, but there's really no use calling for a ban or nerf. TCPi is well aware of the impact that ADP has on the standard format and has decided to keep it that way, for reasons unbeknownst to us players. You can try Legacy or Expanded (although trevenoir is a thing) or play a bunch of weird format tournaments on discord, like mod theme or a specific worlds format. It's worth remembering that Standard is not the only format available and you should be able to find another one more to your liking :)

• Downvote 1

Cottonee OHKO against ADP when using lost march... super strong... 

@ellomello044208However, you did say it quite like I would have said it when you wrote "It's understandable to be upset over the unfairness of the card, the GX attack is way out of control, especially paired with a Pokemon with a game-changing amount of HP and a solid normal attack."

^Took the words right from me as I wrote how broken ADP is in expanded and even broken in standard too. ADPZ winning in 3 or 4 turns. Good game, no handshake because the altered creation altered the idea of handshakes... lol (I mean it does alter creation insanely and breaks prize rules) 

yeah, as a low budget player, adp is my enemy. it is falling out of meta though. (the sosh erea was pain)i am able to counter eturntis with falkins, and sr feched, thogh. thats one meta staple I can beat ( trades 3-1 with a good setup)

• 6 months later...

I play all day and dont really get bodied by ADP i often times have to use Altaria to stall out while i power up lapras Vmax or something. I use a Frosmoth ice dance deck and im usually able to power up before he can switch and kill altaria -- if anyone has tips ont how to beat mad party id love to hear them