Sign in to follow this  
G0LD3NBOii

Is there a Pokemon TCG tournament?

G0LD3NBOii

Hi, I am new to the forums and still slightly new to the game itself. I have loved Pokemon since I have been a little kid

but never really played the TCG as much as I would have liked. So I am just wondering if there is any tournaments that happen for this game?

And I mean big tournaments, not in game tournaments. Thank you in advance.

-Stay humble

Jammer87
Posted (edited)

Well, there's the now-COVID-victimized:

1. League Challenges/Cups,

2. Regionals,

3.  Internationals, 

4. Worlds, and...

5. special events...

But, as mentioned above, those have been COVID-ed to the cancellation realm, and until the COVID storm dies down, the only big tournament that is active is the Players' Cup, which is a new tournament that allows the winner to claim a spot in any of the four Internationals, and hopefully, get enough Championship Points to qualify for a spot at the Worlds event...

But the Players' Cup has already reached the final round, so sorry, but maybe next year, or if and when COVID is addressed to shoot down the storm of its associated sickness, maybe you can participate in a League to get started, and get practice on the online game.

^ The online game may be technically just for practice for the big tourneys, but in some rare cases, it's the only way to play: If the bigs are hindered by a disaster event(such as the COVID pandemic), user-organized tourneys using the online game with a lot of digital packs to give, and/or even the aforementioned Players' Cup, are your options for semi-bigs. While nothing beats the physical tournaments(the bigs require physical cards, with one exception to that requirement: the Players' Cup), as the bigs reward actual money, you could use the online game as a testing ground in the form of a "try before you buy physical copies" method, so you don't go wasting money on a card that might not be as good for tourneys as you think...

Edited by Jammer87

Mod_Alder

Hello @G0LD3NBOii,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry in person tournaments are probably going to be closed for the near future, hopefully you can still enjoy playing online with us.

G0LD3NBOii

I already assumed that lol i was meaning like would there  be online tournaments? and also where do i find the leader boards? or is there a leader board?

Sign in to follow this