Where can I play custom decks when Versus is too meta?

candiemichelle

I played several years ago and I'm recently coming back to the game.

I don't have the Tag Team GX EX cards that seem to be in the Versus meta, under standard decks, so I'm losing 99.99% of the time. I just want to play with the $30 I spent on my collection with my favorite Pokémon.

Is there any place to play a non-meta deck and not get stomped?

Nothing is going to get you coins and booster packs quite like versus but do you have enough coin to grab a new theme deck so you can participate in theme tournaments? Theme would be great because everyone is equal considering you'll have a newer theme deck.

If you can just put up with getting "stomped" for a tiny bit until you get 500 coins, then a NEW theme deck and get tickets to participate then you'll start to be okay.

Maybe try expanded for a bit too, I tend to see a lot worse decks in expanded.

9 minutes ago, XBMYosho said:

Nothing is going to get you coins and booster packs quite like versus but do you have enough coin to grab a new theme deck so you can participate in theme tournaments? Theme would be great because everyone is equal considering you'll have a newer theme deck.

If you can just put up with getting "stomped" for a tiny bit until you get 500 coins, then a NEW theme deck and get tickets to participate then you'll start to be okay.

Maybe try expanded for a bit too, I tend to see a lot worse decks in expanded.

Thank you for the advice! I just wanted to be able to play my own Pokemon in my collection, so while a theme deck would help me win, I guess I don't see the fun in not being able to use my favorite Pokemon that already exist in my collection.

22 minutes ago, candiemichelle said:

Thank you for the advice! I just wanted to be able to play my own Pokemon in my collection, so while a theme deck would help me win, I guess I don't see the fun in not being able to use my favorite Pokemon that already exist in my collection.

What Pokemon? Are we talking like the Charizard with Roaring Resolve era? If you want to go against everyone using your existing, then yea I would just do Expanded tournaments and versus.

However, if you do get a new theme deck, win some coin and get some boosters you can make some older decks somewhat viable if you trade for some updated cards. I mean this deck below, if you copy it into your game can rip things apart on my second turn all things considered if I don't meet up against a Pokemon with 240+ hp OR multiple Pokemon on the bench.

You probably won't have these but, again, it's an updated old list. I dubbed it Jirachizard for standard/expanded.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 4 Charmander TEU 12
* 1 Charmeleon TEU 13
* 4 Charizard TEU 14
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 195
* 4 Jirachi TEU 99

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 3 Escape Board UPR 122
* 2 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 2 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 4 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 2 Welder UNB 189
* 2 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Energy Recycle System CES 128
* 1 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 1 Energy Recycler AOR 72
* 4 Rare Candy CES 142
* 4 Switch SSH 183

##Energy - 12

* 12 Fire Energy BLWEnergy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

If you post your list here on forums, or at least what your favorite Pokemon is, I'm sure we can help you figure out a way to make a deck revolving around it that's at least semi-competitive.

• Upvote 2