New player and i need some help with my deck =/

Aykue

Hello! my deck is a Cinderace V / Reshirard deck but i find i am the most inconsistent player ever, i think i am limited by my item cards (Aswell as some of my pokemon) so i would really like to be able to start winning some events and get to trading for better trainers but my deck isn't consistent enough to beat people in tourneys, for example i played someone in a tournament and got swept, went into a versus game, met him and reverse swept him, how do i increase my consistency on a budget?

Few things about the deck: 

• I know this is a low amount of pokes but i don't have any duplicates =/
  • The idea was to have some kind of engine that would be a cheap oricorio but it never seems to work
  • Dodrio for the retreat aid
  • Emolga for getting the GXs and Vs

Deck list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 8

* 2 Doduo XY 98
* 1 Minccino LTR 104
* 1 Cinccino SSH 147
* 1 Dodrio BKT 117
* 1 Cinderace V RCL 178
* 1 Reshiram & Charizard-GX UNB 20
* 1 Emolga LTR 138

##Trainer Cards - 42

* 4 Pokémon Catcher BKP 105
* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 3 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
* 4 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
* 4 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 2 Marnie SSH 200
* 2 Welder UNB 189
* 3 Scorched Earth PRC 138
* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 4 Blacksmith FLF 88
* 3 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 4 Switch BCR 135
* 1 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 10

* 10 Fire Energy BLWEnergy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Edited by Aykue
Typos n other stuff

I would replace your 2 of your Pokémon catchers with Lysandre which I think each trainer is equipped with.  I would also try to get fire Pokémon that either accelerate energy,  (maybe LOT moltres) or more copies of cinderace V and reshizard.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ah cool i just remade the deck right before you replied and added the lysandres, but unfortunately i don't have the Moltres or anymore reshirard/cinderace cards.

what other energy accelerators are there? i was thinking of playing an Entei but not sure if there is a better card

The main issue is the low count of attackers. You only have 2 Pokemon that you would want to attack with, making your deck really, really, unnecessarily difficult to play. The Pokemon lines aren't very salvageable from this deck, I'd suggest just playing Theme Events for the moment until you can get a more sizeable collection (Rillaboom, Soaring Storm, and Laser Focus are all really good). 

Big Pokemon aren't always the best, especially if you're trying to keep this cheap. I suggest building a deck around some Theme Decks, buy Battle Mind for 2 more Welders, 2 copies of Blazing Volcano for the Entei, who's a good Basic attacker, and trade for some Oranguru SSH. That should be enough to get you started on a decently competitive deck, with Entei dealing at least 140 damage when you guarantee Eruption's damage by using Oranguru SSH. You can take the deck to the next level by playing Wishful Baton to conserve your energy in play and allow you to use other Supporter cards. 

• Upvote 1

*I suggest you check out UNB Volcanion.
*Add at least (+1) Reshiram & Charizard-GX.
*If there is a budget, add (+1) Dedenne-GX.
*Kiawe support card can be added.
*(-3) Crushing Hammer (+1) Muscle Band (+2) Max Elixir
*(-1) Emolga (+2) Alolan Vulpix (has Beacon attack).
*(-1) Cinderace V (+1) Heatran GX.
*(-3) Switch (because you have the dodrio line).

Hope it helps.If you want to increase your collection with theme tournaments, I recommend using the Unseen Depths theme deck.

The main issues with your deck, beside what other people already replied, is overall lack of draw power (either with supporters like prof. sycamore or pokemon like dedenne-GX) and excess of irrelevant cards for any strategy around your pokemon, so pretty much your whole deck should be revamped.

Anyway, if you're new and you want to win events, your best bet is play theme decks (the Charizard one from team up or those from unified minds are the best right now), is the simplest and most reliable thing you can do right now.

Edited by Nic_Flamel

If you get the Mewtwo theme deck from UNB, it comes with 2 Welder, Turtonator DRM as well as Salazzle UNB for additional draw. The Turtonator would be a strong attacker for your deck that has only 2 big attackers. If you can get it going in tandem with Victini V's first attack, you can set up big KO's on Tag Team or even Vmaxes!