Mega Venusaur EX Deck

Fasche

I made my deck around the mega venusaur EX and im looking for some suggestions to improve it, if im able to get my venusaur up in time i usually win, but it really depends on getting a starting Virizion EX and spirit link else im dead.

Deck list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 3 Bulbasaur SLG 1
* 3 Venusaur-EX XY 1
* 2 Virizion-EX PLB 9
* 1 Ivysaur DEX 2
* 3 M Venusaur-EX EVO 100
* 3 Venusaur SLG 3

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 N DEX 96
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Heavy Ball BKT 140
* 2 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 94
* 3 Venusaur Spirit Link EVO 89
* 2 Super Rod NVI 95
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Rare Candy CES 142

##Energy - 12

* 12 Grass Energy EVO 91

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

• Like 1

You can try running the deck with Rowlet and Alolan Exeggutor GX for added consistency. Getting the turn 1 Super Growth will set up your Venusaur SLG immediately. If you go down this route, you can also play Rillaboom SSH for energy acceleration, helping you get all your attackers powered up very quickly. I suggest running 4 copies of Net Ball instead of 2 Heavy Ball and 2 Pokemon Fan Club, it'll find all of your Basic Pokemon or basic Grass Energy if you need it. Cut back to 2 N and 2 Guzma in favor of 3 Cynthia for additional draw power. Swap out your Skyla for an Erika's Hospitality. If you don't choose to go down the Rowlet and Alolan Exeggutor GX route, use Mega Turbo to help power up your Mega Venusaur EX. You can also try combining Mega Venusaur with Vileplume STS to Item lock your opponent and prevent them from playing Switch or other Item cards like that to remove the Special Conditions affecting their Active Pokemon. Play 1 Ordinary Rod instead of the 2 Super Rod, it'll be more effective in most cases and use the other slot for a Rescue Stretcher for additional Pokemon recycling. You can run Life Forest {*} as your Stadium card instead of the Field Blower.

Edited by ellomello044208
  • Upvote 1

thanks for your reply, will see if i have the cards to make those changes and try it out to see how it works out, will let you know

11 hours ago, ellomello044208 said:

You can try running the deck with Rowlet and Alolan Exeggutor GX for added consistency. Getting the turn 1 Super Growth will set up your Venusaur SLG immediately. If you go down this route, you can also play Rillaboom SSH for energy acceleration, helping you get all your attackers powered up very quickly. I suggest running 4 copies of Nest Ball instead of 2 Heavy Ball and 2 Pokemon Fan Club, it'll find all of your Basic Pokemon or basic Grass Energy if you need it. Cut back to 2 N and 2 Guzma in favor of 3 Cynthia for additional draw power. Swap out your Skyla for an Erika's Hospitality. If you don't choose to go down the Rowlet and Alolan Exeggutor GX route, use Mega Turbo to help power up your Mega Venusaur EX. You can also try combining Mega Venusaur with Vileplume STS to Item lock your opponent and prevent them from playing Switch or other Item cards like that to remove the Special Conditions affecting their Active Pokemon. Play 1 Ordinary Rod instead of the 2 Super Rod, it'll be more effective in most cases and use the other slot for a Rescue Stretcher for additional Pokemon recycling. You can run Life Forest {*} as your Stadium card instead of the Field Blower.

did you mean net ball not nest ball, as you said it wil help him find basic pokrmon and basic grass energy, whereas nest ball only finds the basic onto the bench?

• Upvote 1