Pokemon GO tips, tricks and advice

so i recently started playing pokemon GO, i know i know, i am 5 years late, give or take a few years, i started on the weekend and i am loving it, but i am finding it a bit hard to understand everything. so i got a few questions that i would appreciate to have answered

. how do i battle wild pokemon, if possible

. is the only way to make your pokemon stronger by feeding them candy, and can you only evolve via giving them enough candies

. is leveling up pokemon a thing, if so, how is it done

. what is the best way to find certain pokemon, example, more charmanders to get candies

. how do you get coins

if these could be answered, tha would be great, also if you have any tips and tricks or advice please feel free, even if i already know what you say, i still appreciate it.

You get coins in two ways: Having your pokemon in gyms for a certain time...but you can only get 50 coins per day. Or you can buy them from the shop. 

Hope this helps.

8 hours ago, SlyFive0 said:

You get coins in two ways: Having your pokemon in gyms for a certain time...but you can only get 50 coins per day. Or you can buy them from the shop. 

Hope this helps.

thx, well that kinda sucks, as i dont live near any gyms, and from what i hear, the further away from ur pokemon you are, the less coins they make

• 3 months later...
On 8/11/2020 at 7:28 AM, kodking said:

so i recently started playing pokemon GO, i know i know, i am 5 years late, give or take a few years, i started on the weekend and i am loving it, but i am finding it a bit hard to understand everything. so i got a few questions that i would appreciate to have answered

. how do i battle wild pokemon, if possible

. is the only way to make your pokemon stronger by feeding them candy, and can you only evolve via giving them enough candies

. is leveling up pokemon a thing, if so, how is it done

. what is the best way to find certain pokemon, example, more charmanders to get candies

. how do you get coins

if these could be answered, tha would be great, also if you have any tips and tricks or advice please feel free, even if i already know what you say, i still appreciate it.

- you can't battle wild pokemon, but you can battle other trainer's or team rocket's, or during Gym/Raid Battles

- Yes, the only way to make your pokemon stronger is by feeding them candy or evolving them. For some Pokemon, you can evolve them by Trading. For some others, the requirements are more than candies.

- I don't know about leveling up

- Using Incense during that particular Pokemon's Spotlight Hour

- Coins already answered, distance to Gyms don't matter