A BUNCH of trading questions!

rockfules20

Okay, so a long time back I played the Trainer's challenge and beat all the leagues, and then promptly quit TCG Online until yesterday, when I found that multiplayer was up, so I started again.

I found a bunch of booster packs in my deck collection, probably from playing TC, so now I'm wondering if I should trade away these packs themselves, or open them up and work with what I get?

Also, from being in the chat rooms I heard a bunch of jargon being tossed around, and a few of these terms seemed unfamiliar, so could anyone clarify what they mean?

Prime Pokemon: Well I know these are apparently better than the regular version, but how do you tell the difference?

Fine Art: I have no idea what that means <

Legends: Someone said legendary versions of pokemon use 2 cards? O_O need some clarification there

Shiny: So are these cards worth more than the unshiny counterparts? Is it just a cosmetic thing or are they better than unshiny counterparts in combat too?

Also, could anyone link me to a thread that gives some detailed price estimates on different cards?

Thats pretty much it, thanks in advance for any info or help you can contribute :P

About the boosters, it really depends on if you wanna chance it to get the cards you want/need. Basically you can trade off your packs to people (I am one of those) to get the exact cards you're looking for. If you're in PTCGO to just battle and not collect, I'd say trade the packs for the cards you want. If you're looking to collect go ahead and open em yourself.

Prime Pokemon usually have a pokemon ability or pokepower while the regular versions do not.

Fine Art is probably not what you read. The abbreviation FA stands for Full Art which means the full card has the art of the pokemon on it.

Legends: It is correct that there are 2 cards to each of these. It has both a top and bottom half that you must have in order to be able to play it.

Shiny: These pokemon are just more a cosmetic thing and are for collectors who are trying to obtain every card. They are not better in any way and most people don't even keep the holo effect on during battle because it causes lag to some people.

http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/tcg-online-trading-26/topics/gota-s-trading-service-my-cards-for-your-packs

And there is a thread for you that most people use to price their cards. MOST people, but I say price is subjective and a value is only placed by what people are willing to pay for it.

Hope that all helps, and good luck. And if you want to trade some packs, I'd be willing to see what I have for you :)

Okay, so a long time back I played the Trainer's challenge and beat all the leagues, and then promptly quit TCG Online until yesterday, when I found that multiplayer was up, so I started again.

I found a bunch of booster packs in my deck collection, probably from playing TC, so now I'm wondering if I should trade away these packs themselves, or open them up and work with what I get?

Also, from being in the chat rooms I heard a bunch of jargon being tossed around, and a few of these terms seemed unfamiliar, so could anyone clarify what they mean?

Prime Pokemon: Well I know these are apparently better than the regular version, but how do you tell the difference?

Fine Art: I have no idea what that means <

Legends: Someone said legendary versions of pokemon use 2 cards? O_O need some clarification there

Shiny: So are these cards worth more than the unshiny counterparts? Is it just a cosmetic thing or are they better than unshiny counterparts in combat too?

Also, could anyone link me to a thread that gives some detailed price estimates on different cards?

Thats pretty much it, thanks in advance for any info or help you can contribute :P

Primes: Primes have a unique bordor around the pokemon and artwork like these:

109-meganium.jpg

FA/Full art: The art is extended to the entire card, like:

reshiramfullart-th.png

Legends: Takes a top and a bottom to put onto the bench. Has 2 types, 2 weakness, and 2 resistance (some might not, but I think they all do). Opponent takes 2 prize cards upon knocking one out. Examples:

$(KGrHqYOKjQE3yDNZQ-5BO!M-NqScQ~~0_3.JPG That's the top and bottom of Darkrai & Cresselia Legend

Shiny: Same as its counterpart, just a collector's item. Example:

$(KGrHqMOKo4E3uY-ooJ4BO!m(m,Npg~~_35.JPG

Thanks! That info clears all of it up :D I do want to battle, and I hope to eventually make a few nice little decks, but all the offers i'm getting are like 5 legends for all of them, and although that might be a good deal price-wise, since im trying to get regular pokemon and trainers to create a deck, how do I get a better bulk of cards for my packs? Since each pack has 10 cards, it seems like a waste to trade away 60 cards for 5.

Legends usually aren't worth getting, they're more collector's item I'd say. Hardly anyone plays them. You could try creating a deck first in deck builder so you know which cards you'll be hunting for and can create public offers for stuff you need. People do value packs more though. Catcher is valued at 3 packs, but you could probaly get one for one in public trades if you wait long enough.

Archived