Why the game is losing more then it gains.

adamgold

Before I make this thread I would like to let everyone know i'm trying to make this positive feedback. I am sure the people working on the game are working very hard. I'm also sorry if this is run on and I am repeating the same thing over and over. Also if you agree with me please upvote this post so we have the 0.01% chance of actually making a difference.

But there are some things that have made me feel like the game has gotten worse over the years. Let's start with avatars, we used to have many different avatar collections as well as many options on the Pokemon.com site. We have lost all of that and we only have Pikachu Avatar Boxes. But on top of that new players are stuck with similar avatars and don't even have a proper proper profile picture on the forums. I also have many avatar items but i'm stuck with an avatar on forums that I don't like. I don't see the reason why they left in the first place. 

Next up would have to be how were letting a format sit there and rot. Legacy has been really fun for me to play recently and I know a lot of people are getting into it now from content creation etc. We used to have legacy tournaments which were great for getting cards for legacy. But after they have been removed, which I wouldn't understand why in the first place it is really hard to get the cards for decks. A call of legends pack (not tradelocked) is between 20-25 packs right now! Also with the loss of ways to play legacy there are more "bots" then players playing the format ( not playing the game just conceding to real players and trying to get other "bots" to concede for coins). 

We have also lost cool gameplay items and bundles from the shop. We are now limited to the gameplay items we use and the remove of bundles have made some promo cards really expensive to the point newer players would never be able to use those cards. We have also lost small things like coin tournaments and special promotions like email promo and special items if you log in a certain day. 

Thats about it about me complaining for 5 minutes. The main thing I would want added to the game right now are probably legacy tournaments back and avatar customization back. Really hoping some mods/developers read this and actually consider how us players are feeling about the state of the game. 

Thanks, adamgold

• Like 3
  • Upvote 21
  • Downvote 1

Yeah I agree with a lot what you have to say. I feel like stuff is getting removed more than being added and all the fun stuff I saw back in the day is no more. Not to mention all the Legacy bots.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Scootysauce said:

Yeah I agree with a lot what you have to say. I feel like stuff is getting removed more than being added and all the fun stuff I saw back in the day is no more. Not to mention all the Legacy bots.

Oh yeah 100%. We never really gained anything in the last 3 ish years accept new sets and the extra coin thing in april

• Upvote 2

Some basic features I would like to see:

- Spectator for Friend matches

- Return of weekly shop bundles

- Return of Special Events

- Return of Legacy Tournaments. (Devs could make this easier to just include random packs as the rewards with the booster packs being HG/SS-B/W era so that the Tournament itself does not to be manually updated with different consistent rewards weekly)

-  Some sort of 2v2 game-mode. We have a "Team Recruitment" chatroom in-game that really serves no purpose as we can't discuss gathering areas outside of in-game without fear of being muted or censored.

- Return of microtransactions, but on a more reasonable scale. The old system was incredibly bad, and the pricing for in-game booster packs/tournament tickets were abysmal. They almost reflected IRL prices. Make Tournamenet tickets like .20 cents USD, and Booster Packs like .75 cents USD. TPCi is sitting on such a huge means of making profit, but are probably nervous that this would reflect on lesser IRL sales of their physical products. That I doubt. If you keep providing codes within IRL products, you'll be fine. Especially if you want to create certain conditions, like for instance, the only way we can still get promos from IRL boxes are to get the codes that come from the physical product, etc.

- Create more in-game only cosmetics regarding sleeves/deckbox/flipcoins. They can include these in the Weekly Shop bundles if they so choose to do so. Also, the addition of being able to change the Gameplay Mat would be awesome.

- Update the Avatars to reflect a more modern look. It's 2020, the avatars are arguable worse looking than the ones that came on the Pokemon TCG disc from the 90's.
- Addition: Update the clothing store, and more customization options for avatars. The social climate has changed, and the stigma of boy/girl clothes, and the restrictions in-game are outdated. Make people feel more welcomed this way.

- UPDATE THE TRADING MARKET:

- Allow us to block a particular user if we so choose. Many of us are tired of seeing flat out scam trades.

- Fix the system to show arguable what the more expensive card is first on the listing. So many scammers are hiding cards worth hundreds of packs (Tropical Beach, GEM sets, Expensive Gameplay items) behind a listing for cards/items that are worth next to nothing in-game.

- Allow us to possibly input what times we would like to see trades at. (I know this suggestion is out there, but we all know that seeing  trades that are expiring first are the bottom of the barrel. So much time is wasted scrolling to 8, 24, 48 hour marks)

IN-GAME CHAT:

- Allow us to opt-in, or opt-out of chat during a game.  Parental controls are a must for this, but covering the basics should allow some of us older folks to have a bit more freedom if we so choose.

- Get some in-game moderators, or player ambassadors. So many people get trolled incredibly hard on the game in the chatrooms, and nothing come from it. TPCi removes in-game chat from versus gameplay, but allows these toxic trolls to go for weeks/months unfiltered in the chatrooms. This really needs to change.

There are more things I could list, but I feel these are the most important to get the game in the right direction.

Thanks for hearing me out!

• Upvote 20

Yes! I agree with all of these things. I was more focusing on how to make the game like it was before improving it even more. I would love to see any of these things come back. 

• Upvote 4

In order to not regurgitate what has already been said: There is not a single thing uttered in this thread I'd disagree with.

First an foremost reinstating Legacy tournaments.

Edited by OelBoy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

If only they would "fix" it up,

It would gain more than it loses.

Great suggestions, and a chunk of them (like mentioned) would be easy to implement.

Edited by WingsofFire1014
  • Upvote 4

Holy moly this is the most concise and well-prioritized list of requests I've read about the game. 1000% agree!

• Upvote 3

I'm totally agree what you mention.

Current Avatar Collections are so limited. 
Maybe some nostalgia collection are exclusive in event period, but at least bring back those Collections that can be purchase with tokens at Pokémon Trainer Store in the past, so that new/current players can get more choice.

We know Pokemon Go let us convert Pokémon into candy & collect enough candy can go evolution.
I suggest why not let us convert our extra trade-locked cards into token, so that we can make it good use in PTCGO.

• Upvote 2

Hello trainers!

Thank you to everyone who posted their valuable feedback, I will forward this thread to the development team. 

16 hours ago, Mod_Alder said:

Hello trainers!

Thank you to everyone who posted their valuable feedback, I will forward this thread to the development team. 

Just curious, but do you ever get a response back?

Since the departure of Samhayne in 2018, there hasn't been one instance of Dev. Team - Playerbase interaction/discussion regarding the future of the game. It's quite sad. :(

• Upvote 6

From what I have seen in the past, all you get is a response that basically thanks you for your suggestion.

They usually don't even address what you're asking.

Just something like, "Thank you for your suggestion! We're always trying to Improve the game for our players!" etc.

Again, that's just what I've seen people say in some older threads around here.

4 minutes ago, WingsofFire1014 said:

From what I have seen in the past, all you get is a response that basically thanks you for your suggestion.

They usually don't even address what you're asking.

Just something like, "Thank you for your suggestion! We're always trying to Improve the game for our players!" etc.

Again, that's just what I've seen people say in some older threads around here.

A few weeks ago I made a thread asking about avatar collections coming back. They did say I always liked changing my avatar in other games on top of the thank you for the suggestion

Edited by adamgold
  • Upvote 2

Hello Trainers, 

I have been following the thread and I thought it might be helpful to clarify a few things. I am not a part of the development team and as such have no ability to make any of the changes you guys requested, I can however send this thread and your comments to the development team. Should the development team decide to make a change they will let us all know around the same time. I can tell you that the dev team does want to know what you guys think and asks us to make sure we send them your suggestions. So I hope you keep posting your valuable feedback. 

On 8/8/2020 at 10:26 AM, Mod_Alder said:

Hello Trainers, 

I have been following the thread and I thought it might be helpful to clarify a few things. I am not a part of the development team and as such have no ability to make any of the changes you guys requested, I can however send this thread and your comments to the development team. Should the development team decide to make a change they will let us all know around the same time. I can tell you that the dev team does want to know what you guys think and asks us to make sure we send them your suggestions. So I hope you keep posting your valuable feedback. 

I'm glad to hear this.

The amount of upvotes on this thread speak volumes.

• Upvote 3

Honestly I have never seen a post get so many upvotes so fast honestly. It just proves how much we want these changes to the game.

I just wish the developers would actually communicate with us. I am planning to contact the support team at Dire Wolf today so I hope I get a response!

Edited by adamgold
  • Upvote 4

Yeah, the only thing mention in the thread that seems like it might be asking a bit much is

On 8/6/2020 at 3:42 PM, OU7C4ST said:

-  Some sort of 2v2 game-mode. We have a "Team Recruitment" chatroom in-game that really serves no purpose as we can't discuss gathering areas outside of in-game without fear of being muted or censored.

just because - and I'm no programmer - it sounds like something that would take a good amount of effort to code and which would probably generate a bunch of bugs and glitches.  Given how far simpler things aren't being done, I don't hold out much hope for this.  Do I want it?  Absolutely!  A while ago I started a thread here in Game Feedback trying to drum up support for three alternate rule sets that, while not available for Sanctioned, Championship Series tournaments were still recognized in the rules documents for use in things like side events:

• 30-Card
  • 2-On-2
  • Team Battle

30-Card is the answer to everyone annoyed at how pricey competitive cards are: if nothing else changes, or it somehow is even "worse", then at least you only need half as many expensive cards because it is 30-card maximum deck size with no more than two copies of any non-basic energy allowed.  2-On-2 is... not one I'm actually concerned about, but it is a historical part of the game: it does not mean two-player versus two-player, it just means two Actives versus two Actives, with Bench size being capped at four.  Still, it would add more variation.  Team Battle is the four-player optionTeams of two square off, and each player can attack/target either opponent (or, with beneficial effects, target themselves or their teammate).

I'm thinking 30-card is the easiest of these to implement...but there are many good, simpler improvements suggested above.

Edited by Otakutron
Tweaked formatting; added allowance that 30-card could technically be worse than 60-card
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Otakutron said:

Yeah, the only thing mention in the thread that seems like it might be asking a bit much is

just because - and I'm no programmer - it sounds like something that would take a good amount of effort to code and which would probably generate a bunch of bugs and glitches.  Given how far simpler things aren't being done, I don't hold out much hope for this.  Do I want it?  Absolutely!  A while ago I started a thread here in Game Feedback trying to drum up support for three alternate rule sets that, while not available for Sanctioned, Championship Series tournaments were still recognized in the rules documents for use in things like side events:

• 30-Card
  • 2-On-2
  • Team Battle

30-Card is the answer to everyone annoyed at how pricey competitive cards are: if nothing else changes, then at least you only need half as many expensive cards because it is 30-card maximum deck size with no more than two copies of any non-basic energy allowed.  2-On-2 is... not one I'm actually concerned about, but it is a historical part of the game: it does not mean two-player versus two-player, it just means two Actives versus two Actives, with Bench size being capped at four.  Still, it would add more variation.

Team Battle is the four-player optionTeams of two square off, and each player can attack/target either opponent (or, with beneficial effects, target themselves or their teammate).

I'm thinking 30-card is the easiest of these to implement...but there are many good, simpler improvements suggested above.

Just curious, would 30-card still have 6 Prize cards? Or would the Prize card count be modified like in Prerelease tournaments down to 3 Prize cards?

I am also glad to hear this!

And just to contribute slightly more to the discussion - other formats would be cool, but having participated in other online games that provide more and more formats over time, the wait times to get into a game become pretty lame pretty fast. One of the best things about PTCGO is the <10 second wait time to get into a game on most occasions.

On the other hand, perhaps players could be encouraged to rotate formats by adding extra rewards for playing each format each day (which could be obtained while accumulating the current 12-wins-per-day rewards, so extra game time wouldn't be necessary).

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, adamgold said:

I am planning to contact the support team at Dire Wolf today so I hope I get a response!

Good luck. I've tried numerous times to get into contact with them for AMAs that had hundreds of questions from hundreds of people on /r/ptcgo, and they always meet me with radio silence. I really wish they had a community manager again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1