[CARD] Zamazenta V Dauntless Shield Bug?

YamiChio

Good Afternoon Trainers!

I was hoping someone would lend me an ear as this seems like a bug to me. In a recent game my opponents Zamazenta V was unable to be damaged by any Pokemon V as well as VMAX. Is this actually a bug or does it somehow stop Pokemon V damage as well as VMAX even though it is not specifically labelled on the card.

Is this correct?

Kind Regards.

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format, a tag added, an item prefix included

Zamazenta V should not be immune to damage from V Pokemon, however, it could've had damage reduction significant enough to reduce the damage your V Pokemon did to 0. If you can provide a Game Log, it would be helpful for identifying the issue.

1 hour ago, ellomello044208 said:

Zamazenta V should not be immune to damage from V Pokemon, however, it could've had damage reduction significant enough to reduce the damage your V Pokemon did to 0. If you can provide a Game Log, it would be helpful for identifying the issue.

I did not create a log for the game itself as I spent most of it just trying to figure out what was happening and didn't want to waste anyone's time if it was just me not understanding something. I will try and recreate the situation and post a log then if I can.

In the meantime, the game state was my opponent with a Zamazenta V (no tools) and myself with a Wobbuffet V (no tools). We entered a position where each turn he would attack me for 130 with Assault Tackle, then the following turn I would use Gritty Comeback to swap our damage counters, but all that would happen was the 130 would be removed from Wobbuffet and then nothing would be placed on the Zamazenta with the 'Shield' animation playing over it like as if he was attacked by a VMax. There were no Pokemon on either bench that could of prevented this either as far as I could tell as well.

Any ideas outside of it being a mistake would be appreciated, but I think its just a fault in the game myself. Again, I will try and recreate the situation if I find someone else running a Zamazenta V and post it.

Your opponent could also have had a Galarian Mr. Rime in play, or some other card that prevented effects of attacks other than damage done. Metal Goggles would've have also prevented this scenario but you already said there were no Pokemon Tools on the defending Zamazenta V.

22 hours ago, YamiChio said:

I did not create a log for the game itself as I spent most of it just trying to figure out what was happening and didn't want to waste anyone's time if it was just me not understanding something. I will try and recreate the situation and post a log then if I can.

In the meantime, the game state was my opponent with a Zamazenta V (no tools) and myself with a Wobbuffet V (no tools). We entered a position where each turn he would attack me for 130 with Assault Tackle, then the following turn I would use Gritty Comeback to swap our damage counters, but all that would happen was the 130 would be removed from Wobbuffet and then nothing would be placed on the Zamazenta with the 'Shield' animation playing over it like as if he was attacked by a VMax. There were no Pokemon on either bench that could of prevented this either as far as I could tell as well.

Any ideas outside of it being a mistake would be appreciated, but I think its just a fault in the game myself. Again, I will try and recreate the situation if I find someone else running a Zamazenta V and post it.

Hello @YamiChio

Welcome to the forum! :)

Yes, the fellow trainer ellomello044208 is right, a game log would be very useful in this case.

There are two ways to obtain a Game Log:

- During the Game: On the section where the Game Chat is, there is a tab for the Game Log. At the bottom is a button to export the log.

- After the Game: On the summary screen, there is a button that will allow you to export the log.

Hope this helps!