Turbo dark expanded deck!

Cico89

Hello guys. I just created a turbo dark deck in expanded, i was excited about it but i have been losing quite often , specially against 1 prize decks and pikarom. 

Do you guys have any suggestion about it? 

If not , what could be a good deck for events in expanded? 

Thanks in advance!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Oranguru SSH 148
* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Darkrai-EX DEX 63
* 2 Darkrai-GX BUS 88
* 1 Greninja & Zoroark-GX UNB 107
* 1 Guzzlord CEC 136
* 1 Sableye V SSH 120
* 1 Sneasel CES 86
* 1 Sneasel UNM 131
* 2 Weavile-GX UNM 132
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 3 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 1 N DEX 96
* 2 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 2 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Colress PLS 118
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 3 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 Sky Field ROS 89
* 4 Dark Patch DEX 93

##Energy - 12

* 12 Darkness Energy Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

For 1-prize decks, Guzzlord CEC is your go-to attacker. If they can't OHKO your Zoroninja, use that too. If you feel the need for even more Prize card acceleration, I suggest using Guzzlord GX, its Glutton GX attack will get you really far ahead on the Prize trade. You can also try use Mew FCO to copy the attack of a Zoroninja on your Bench, or any of your other attackers.

Your deck is Turbo Dark, but it appears to be missing some cards that would make it truly turbo. Shaymin EX undoubtedly the fastest draw engine in Expanded, you want to have at least 2 Shaymin EX, if you can. Nets don't work well with the rest of your Pokemon so you can also consider running without them. 1 Dedenne GX with 2-3 Shaymin EX will push your deck to the next level.

12 Energy isn't enough to reliably hit Max Elixir, bump that count up to 14-15. Swap your Ultra Ball and Quick Ball counts to 2 Ultra Ball and 4 Quick Ball, Quick Ball is better for this deck that Ultra Ball is. Take out Oranguru and Sableye V, they don't do much for your deck. Cut the 2 Fighting Fury Belts and 1 Professor's Research. Cut your Weavile GX line down to a 1-1.

With this space, add in 2-3 energy, 1 more Darkrai GX, 2 more Battle Compressor, and 1 more Zoroninja. If you only add 2 more energy, use the other space for Mew FCO.

As is, cut the 1 Scoop Up Net, it isn't really helping your deck. Once you get a more dedicated Shaymin EX draw engine, consider putting them back in. Another Shaymin EX can take its place.

• Upvote 1

Scoop up net cant bounce shaymin right?

Also, if you don't have Shaymin, Jirachi makes a pretty good Job and is available for cheap

17 hours ago, ellomello044208 said:

For 1-prize decks, Guzzlord CEC is your go-to attacker. If they can't OHKO your Zoroninja, use that too. If you feel the need for even more Prize card acceleration, I suggest using Guzzlord GX, its Glutton GX attack will get you really far ahead on the Prize trade. You can also try use Mew FCO to copy the attack of a Zoroninja on your Bench, or any of your other attackers.

Your deck is Turbo Dark, but it appears to be missing some cards that would make it truly turbo. Shaymin EX undoubtedly the fastest draw engine in Expanded, you want to have at least 2 Shaymin EX, if you can. Nets don't work well with the rest of your Pokemon so you can also consider running without them. 1 Dedenne GX with 2-3 Shaymin EX will push your deck to the next level.

12 Energy isn't enough to reliably hit Max Elixir, bump that count up to 14-15. Swap your Ultra Ball and Quick Ball counts to 2 Ultra Ball and 4 Quick Ball, Quick Ball is better for this deck that Ultra Ball is. Take out Oranguru and Sableye V, they don't do much for your deck. Cut the 2 Fighting Fury Belts and 1 Professor's Research. Cut your Weavile GX line down to a 1-1.

With this space, add in 2-3 energy, 1 more Darkrai GX, 2 more Battle Compressor, and 1 more Zoroninja. If you only add 2 more energy, use the other space for Mew FCO.

As is, cut the 1 Scoop Up Net, it isn't really helping your deck. Once you get a more dedicated Shaymin EX draw engine, consider putting them back in. Another Shaymin EX can take its 

Thanks for the advice ! Really good one's

Although, i was thinking to add 1 mega sablaye & ty instead and keep 1 zoroninja . 

7 hours ago, OverGigaMiltank said:

Scoop up net cant bounce shaymin right?

Also, if you don't have Shaymin, Jirachi makes a pretty good Job and is available for cheap

Scoop Up Net can reuse Shaymin EX, but it's not as effective as having another Shaymin EX in the deck if you're only running one net. If you prize your 1 Shaymin EX, Scoop Up Net becomes a dead card.

5 hours ago, Cico89 said:

Thanks for the advice ! Really good one's

Although, i was thinking to add 1 mega sablaye & ty instead and keep 1 zoroninja . 

Mega Sableye doesn't synergize as well with the deck as Zoroninja does, so I would caution against it, especially if you're only running a 1-1 of Weavile GX.

• Upvote 1

On 8/7/2020 at 12:03 AM, ellomello044208 said:

Mega Sableye doesn't synergize as well with the deck as Zoroninja does, so I would caution against it, especially if you're only running a 1-1 of Weavile GX.

True . I ended up to get another shaymin and battle compress, and it's working very well! Thanks for the advice .

However, a lot people are running with baby necrozma and garbador deck and i have struggling all the time..

I have tried to add another field blower and also tried and honchcrow-GX , but it doesn't work very well. 

What would you reccomend to do ?

Thanks !

Faba or Chaotic Swell are probably the easiest counters to fit in, you can also try Alolan Persian GX with more intense gusting power. Honchkrow GX is at its best as a straight Honchkrow deck without any other attackers for your opponent to gust out. Field Blower is too situational and doesn't limit your opponent enough. On the other hand, Faba is easily retrievable with VS Seeker, and using Faba on Double Dragon Energy can completely ******* your opponent. Ultra Necrozma only hits 170 damage without any damage modifiers, so you can use Darkrai GX to tank hits and then retreat into another Darkrai GX while you slowly take away their energy. Ideally, you'll use 4 Faba on 4 of their Double Dragon Energy, and that will be game. Chaotic Swell isn't as solid of a counter, but it works pretty well. Get a Swell into play on your first turn and the Ultra Necrozma player can't play down a Silent Lab. Most Ultra Necrozma decks do run 1-2 Field Blower to deal with it, but the odds of finding the Blower off of their draw supporter isn't great. Alolan Persian GX can't be touched by Ultra Necrozmas, unless Garbotoxin is in play. However, Alolan Persian's GX attack can snipe a Garbodor on the Bench and if you can keep pulling out your opponent's Trubbish before they can evolve, you'll have a chance.

16 hours ago, ellomello044208 said:

Faba or Chaotic Swell are probably the easiest counters to fit in, you can also try Alolan Persian GX with more intense gusting power. Honchkrow GX is at its best as a straight Honchkrow deck without any other attackers for your opponent to gust out. Field Blower is too situational and doesn't limit your opponent enough. On the other hand, Faba is easily retrievable with VS Seeker, and using Faba on Double Dragon Energy can completely ******* your opponent. Ultra Necrozma only hits 170 damage without any damage modifiers, so you can use Darkrai GX to tank hits and then retreat into another Darkrai GX while you slowly take away their energy. Ideally, you'll use 4 Faba on 4 of their Double Dragon Energy, and that will be game. Chaotic Swell isn't as solid of a counter, but it works pretty well. Get a Swell into play on your first turn and the Ultra Necrozma player can't play down a Silent Lab. Most Ultra Necrozma decks do run 1-2 Field Blower to deal with it, but the odds of finding the Blower off of their draw supporter isn't great. Alolan Persian GX can't be touched by Ultra Necrozmas, unless Garbotoxin is in play. However, Alolan Persian's GX attack can snipe a Garbodor on the Bench and if you can keep pulling out your opponent's Trubbish before they can evolve, you'll have a chance.

Never thought to use faba or swell . Really good one advics . Thanks you so much 

I also would like to add something else  to draw cards even faster.

I'm between to get a 3rd shaymin or jirachi-ex (or tapu lele)

What do you think?

Thank you so much for your help!

Edited by Cico89

For draw power, Shaymin EX is definitely the best. If you find yourself needing draw power later in the game as well, I'd suggest adding another Dedenne GX instead as it's a much cheaper option. Tapu Lele GX is good for finding Supporter cards but its use is limited after you run through most of your deck. Jirachi EX's only advantage over Tapu Lele GX is that it can be scooped up, something that can only be taken advantage of if you run Shaymin EX. If you add in the third Shaymin EX, you can re-post your deck list here and we'll be able to help you find room to add back in the Scoop Up Nets to make your deck even faster.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, ellomello044208 said:

For draw power, Shaymin EX is definitely the best. If you find yourself needing draw power later in the game as well, I'd suggest adding another Dedenne GX instead as it's a much cheaper option. Tapu Lele GX is good for finding Supporter cards but its use is limited after you run through most of your deck. Jirachi EX's only advantage over Tapu Lele GX is that it can be scooped up, something that can only be taken advantage of if you run Shaymin EX. If you add in the third Shaymin EX, you can re-post your deck list here and we'll be able to help you find room to add back in the Scoop Up Nets to make your deck even faster.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 3 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Darkrai-EX DEX 63
* 2 Darkrai-GX BUS 88
* 2 Greninja & Zoroark-GX UNB 107
* 1 Guzzlord CEC 136
* 1 Sneasel CES 86
* 1 Weavile-GX UNM 132
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 1 Mew FCO 29

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 1 N DEX 96
* 2 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 2 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 2 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Colress PLS 118
* 3 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Sky Field ROS 89
* 2 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 4 Dark Patch DEX 93
* 1 Faba LOT 173

##Energy - 13

* 13 Darkness Energy Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This is the new list!

Thanks for your help again.

Honestly, I'm not sure you need Scoop Up Net, or at least, it's not worth trying to fit it in. The only cards I can think of cutting are 1 Field Blower and 1 Professor's Research, but that's really stretching it. Keeping both of those cards will probably help your deck out more than the potential turbo setup with a few Scoop Up Nets. Plus, you're already running 3 Shaymin EX and 1 Dedenne GX, that amount of draw power should be able to get you through most games just fine.