Guykid121

Mad Party deck

Guykid121

Like a lot of people I am looking forward to the new set dropping, and partly because of the Mad Party deck being introduced. I am fiddling around with some decklists, and was hoping for some help with what I should be including in the deck. Thanks!

ellomello044208

The notable cards in the deck lists that I have seen have been Triple Acceleration Energy to attack with Polteageist and Hapu to dig through the deck faster. I'd consider adding in Scoop Up Net, the card has an interesting dynamic as it can help you pick up Mad Party Pokemon like Dedenne if you start with them and need to discard them. Dedenne GX is also very good in the deck as it gives you more ways to discard your Pokemon. Great Ball is worth considering, with the high count of Mad Party Pokemon you play, it's quite likely that a Great Ball will find you one.

You may want to try using Junk PC to get back Twin Energy, although it's a 75% chance that it'll fail. I'd go with a Turbo Patch or Tapu Koko {*} build using that as means of energy acceleration to get more attackers going. Twin Energy will get you up to 4 attacks, Dance of the Ancients can get you 2 more attackers up. I prefer the Tapu Koko {*} route to Turbo Patch as it's easier to find a Pokemon than it is to find an Item card and it works without a coin flip, even though you can only do it once.

Some other ideas you might want to try are using Roxie as a draw supporter, but it might be too hard to reliably get that many Pokemon in your hand. Milo would be easier to use, but it lacks the raw draw power. A Clay engine is also a good thought, but unlike with Hapu, you may accidentally discard your Twin Energy. Or maybe running 1 Duskull CEC or 1 Galarian Meowth REC to use their ability to discard Pokemon from your hand is a worthy consideration, but it might also be too unreliable.

Here's an idea of a post-rotation deck list:

Spoiler

Pokemon - 21

4 Polteageist

4 Dedenne

4 Galarian Mr. Rime

4 Bunnelby

2 Dedenne GX

1 Crobat V

1 Galarian Meowth

1 Tapu Koko {*}

Trainers - 30

4 Professor's Research

4 Ingo and Emmet

2 Boss's Orders

4 Quick Ball

4 Great Ball

2 Pokemon Communication

2 Scoop Up Net

4 Lucky Egg

2 Air Balloon

2 Viridian Forest

Energy - 9

4 Twin Energy

5 Lightning Energy

• Upvote 1

Guykid121
Posted (edited)

I get what your saying about the Koko Prism, but it seems too inconsistent, since if you prize it, you are out of luck. I think I will include Roxie and Triple Accel, at least for testing unless someone convinces me otherwise

Edited by Guykid121

Dirnt54

You'll only prize Koko 1/10 games average.

Guykid121

In a tourney, that 1/10 can cost you a lot.

ellomello044208
1 hour ago, Guykid121 said:

I get what your saying about the Koko Prism, but it seems too inconsistent, since if you prize it, you are out of luck. I think I will include Roxie and Triple Accel, at least for testing unless someone convinces me otherwise

Well, you don’t need to use Tapu Koko {*} on turn 1. You can still use Twin Energy for most of your Prize cards, you only need Koko in the late game for energy acceleration. Prizing it shouldn’t be that bad, as you’re ideally going against multi-Prize decks and will get many chances to dind Koko before you run out of Twin Energy. 

• Upvote 1

Guykid121

That is a good point. Maybe I will try the Tapu Koko prism idea!

Raticate555
Posted (edited)

Roxie I think would be a bit underwhelming as your supporter card because if you have more Pokemon in your hand you won't be able to discard them unless you have Polteageist set up. It would be a good card for growing your hand size though and would partner well with the Polteageist draw engine, it just wouldn't be as fast.

Edited by Raticate555